Line of Service
Employment TaxManagement Level
Senior ManagerJob Description & Summary
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an International Employment Tax Senior Manager who focuses on International Social Security to join PwC's national Employment Tax team which sits within PwC's rapidly growing Reward & Employment practice.
We provide consulting services, technical advice and analysis on all aspects of employment taxes and a successful candidate would be advising a range of clients on employer compliance as they recruit and expand their operations internationally. This would include multi-jurisdiction employer withholding and social security obligations on cash, expenses, benefits and share based remuneration and would also cover employment status considerations on a global basis.
Our clients are a mix of large and complex employers across all industries and in the public and private sectors. We advise on regulatory and legislative change and help clients to manage their international employment tax risks effectively. PwC is a technology enabled business and we are leveraging technology solutions in a number of new and innovative ways to deliver employment tax services efficiently for our clients.
This role can be based from any of our UK offices and we are looking for a International Employment Tax/Social Security professional at manager or senior manager levelRole responsibilities
We require an international employment taxes senior manager who is able to apply a range of technical capabilities and who will:
Skills and Experience
- Work collaboratively within a team across the UK and with teams across multiple jurisdictions.
- Manage a portfolio of clients across a range of sectors and countries.
- Draft and review technically complex advice and supervise the work of junior staff (managing their personal and technical development, undertaking research and analysis of tax cases, reviewing legislative matters and responding to HMRC consultations).
- Manage senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Research and articulate changes in employment tax regulations and best practice. Develop thought leadership and brand enhancement e.g. client surveys, blogs, campaigns.
- Develop a personal network of contacts internally and externally and actively promote the PwC brand through social media and external networking events.
- Actively target and convert opportunities for developing new clients and services. Support and deliver client proposal activities.
Personal qualities would include a number of the following;
- Strong organisational and project management skills including a proven ability to independently prioritise work and multi-task. The ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- A commitment to delivering great client service.
- Good communication skills, written and oral.
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a national team and through global networks.
- Able to apply good judgement, consult appropriately and manage risks.
- Confidence in leading others and the ability to teach, encourage and motivate junior staff.
- Strong analytical skills in terms of understanding the interaction of processes, technologies and people.
- An interest in technology and the benefits that it can bring in terms of efficiency, risk mitigation and control and informational capabilities.
- Strong subject matter expertise in International Social Security specifically on advising employers on their obligations across multiple jurisdictions. This technical expertise could come from an inhouse role, a global mobility role or advisory experience in the global employment taxes space.
- International Social Security experience in cross border equity, deferred compensation and bonus sourcing.
- Interaction between EEA regulations, Reciprocal Agreements and employer obligations
- A proven track record on providing consulting services where multiple jurisdiction employment tax advice is required.
- ACA / Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training / Law qualification / CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA)
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:Degrees/Field of Study preferred:Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Required SkillsOptional SkillsDesired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Up to 20%Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
YesGovernment Clearance Required?
NoJob Posting End Date