WTW's Transactions team advises clients on transactions ranging in size from £1m to £16bn. Our team has experience of over 750 transactions, and is at the forefront of this market, having led the advice on around 25% bulk annuities and over 80% of longevity swaps by volume in 2021, including the largest in deals in both of these areas (as was also the case in 2020). Our team prides itself on its history of being a driver for innovation in the market, the most recent development being leading on the first ever deferred pensioner longevity swap in 2021 and we have a strong pipeline for non-traditional de-risking solutions.
We have an increasing demand for individuals to support our continued growth in this market. You will contribute to achieving the exciting growth strategy of the Transactions team by working on a variety of complex, innovative projects, alongside a diverse, dynamic, collaborative and market-leading team.
Colleagues at WTW benefit from all the resources and opportunities that a large company can provide, but this doesn't come at the cost of individuality. You will have the opportunity to work alongside a variety of colleagues, including some of the leading figures in the pensions and insurance industry, and also to be recognised for your personal contribution.The Role
- You will serve as a key member of the Transactions team and will be able to hit the ground running in supporting the delivery of projects for clients ranging in size from £1m to £16bn.
- We work with a wide range of different clients and your work may cover both trustee and corporate appointments, providing training and strategic advice and implementing bulk annuities and longevity swaps.
- You will work alongside colleagues in project teams to liaise with insurers and reinsurers, prepare market engagement materials, coordinate requests for quotations and analyse them, negotiate with insurers and reinsurers to achieve your client's objectives, prepare client reports and support the management of projects, seeing them through from start to finish.
- You will also have developmental opportunities to work alongside colleagues and external parties on innovative, market-leading propositions, including superfund transactions and third-party capital solutions.
- You will be involved in preparing client materials and advice, as well as materials for marketing, prospecting and client seminars.
- You will work as part of a cross-office team, building relationships and liaising effectively with a wide range of colleagues.
- You should also be able to work independently, managing your own workload and ensuring that deadlines and budgets are met. This may include serving as the project manager and looking for ways to increase efficiency within project teams by identifying ways to improve processes.
- You would be expected to have regular contact with clients, insurers, reinsurers and other external parties including administrators, lawyers and other consultancies, working in partnership to understand and meet the clients' needs and assist in presenting our advice to clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer Job ID:
- A strong desire and enthusiasm to work in pension risk settlement (practical experience in this area is beneficial but not essential).
- Experience of actuarial work in core UK defined benefit or life insurance sectors.
- Actuarial experience (FIA qualified (or equivalent) or experienced part-qualified).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong client-service orientation.
- Strong project management skills.
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise your own tasks.
- Ability to ask the right questions and seek help where appropriate.
- Ability to work both independently and on client project teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to think beyond the task at hand and understand how work fits into the broader landscape.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel and PowerPoint.