Primary Location:UK-Northamptonshire-NorthamptonJob Type:Permanent/RegularPosting Range:25 Feb 2022 - OngoingDescription
As a Barclays Delivery Lead, you will join the Barclays Corporate Digital Bank engineering team who are at the forefront of our digital transformation to provide our clients with a modern, cloud-based digital banking proposition. We build front to back, real-time and smart self-serve digital services, which support Corporate clients as they manage their cash, debt, trade, liquidity and FX. As part of the core platform engineering team, our aim is to enhance the digital banking proposition.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
• Owning the delivery for one of our key technology services, managing work items as they navigate through the agile delivery lifecycle
• Hosting the essential daily scrum calls and conduct the end of sprint reviews and retrospectives
• Ensuring the product backlog is maintained, performing regular reviews and estimations with the team
• Managing risks as they arise, ensuring that deliveries meet the highest governance and control standards
• Managing the product and project dependencies across a complex ecosystem
• Supporting testing and release activities, ensuring that deliverables safely reach production to deliver the highest levels of client experience
What we're looking for:
• Great experience delivering software using agile methodologies
• Experience managing teams, using modern tools such as JIRA to maintain the product backlog and track delivery progress
• Familiarity with complex system integration, excellent understanding of the full SDLC lifecycle and producing high quality code and championing good practices
• Proficient with Project Management tooling, processes and high attention to detail/hands on with excellent organizational skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Understanding of microservice and micro-frontend -based architectures
• Experience building Reactive Java microservices
• Exposure to and understanding of Cloud technologies
• Experience of managing large technology delivery projects in a financial and regulated environment
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997.
We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.