Line of Service
CMAAS (Capital Markets and Accounting Advisory Services)Management Level
Senior ManagerJob Description & SummaryAbout PwC
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.About Risk
Risk isn't going to disappear and the complex, ever changing environment makes it much harder to predict where new challenges will come from. But it represents an opportunity for businesses to transform and innovate, and discover hidden value. From the boardroom to back office, we work to protect and strengthen every aspect of business; from people to performance, systems to strategy. Through our invaluable insights and independent assurance we help discover and unlock real value.
There is a huge amount of business change caused by disruption, including technology, regulation, or a factor in the broader environment such as Brexit and that gives rise to risk and uncertainty. Helping our clients identify and address those risks to give them and their stakeholders confidence in their business is the purpose of our new Risk Assurance Line of Service. As a business, we have been providing services related to risk within our wider Assurance practice. On 1 July 2020, we established this new Line of Service to better use the scale and breadth of our practice including many of the firm's experts in areas such as regulation, cyber security, listings, actuarial, accounting, controls and internal audit.About CMAS
Within Risk, CMAS supports our clients through moments of exceptional change. Whether that is through growth; capital and debt raising; divestitures, stress, and change. We help clients find solutions for their capital markets, accounting, ESG reporting, treasury and commodity related issues. It's a great place to work for those who are looking for an exciting new challenge in PwC and who enjoy working with varied clients both in transactions and in managing certain aspects of their key risks. No two projects are alike within CMAS, but they offer the opportunity to work with interesting clients on iconic transactions or important client issues that are key to PwC.
Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG), is a term that covers a range of issues facing the world today. At PwC, it's an opportunity to have a purposeful career to positively contribute to one of the most pressing problems of our time by helping to reshape the whole economy and the society in which we live.
Through speed, collaboration, and imaginative thinking we're helping our clients to build trust in the climate transition by building credibility of non-financial and climate reporting, helping clients to transform sustainably, ensure the transition to Net Zero is fair, and ensuring our own business is ready to meet the challenge and sharing this story with our clients.
As part of The New Equation, PwC is investing $12bn globally over the next 5 years, creating over 100,000 new jobs with a particular focus on strengthening our ESG capabilities across the firm. We're working with our world-leading Sustainability & Climate Change practice to embed ESG into our market-leading services, bringing the best of our firm together to help our clients. Together, we can build good businesses for a stronger world. Join us on this journey as we create real, transformative impact.The role
As part of our team you will receive:
- Variety - an impressive list of high profile clients across a range of industries, working with people at a senior and strategic level and X-LoS PwC teams, as well as other advisers to your clients. A range of interesting projects and the ability to get involved in all the types of work that CMAS delivers
- Opportunity - to deepen your existing commercial and technical knowledge by helping clients through deals, reviewing and reporting on their businesses and plans, and helping them prepare important financial and non-financial ESG information that they need to complete their deals or to improve their ESG reporting practices. This requires a range of practical, financial, commercial and advisory skills.
- Support - We are a supportive and collaborative team, and are committed to helping our people develop. We empower and trust our people to work independently but with coaching and guidance as needed. You will have regular direct access to senior PwC people as well as an experienced team of specialists
- Knowledge of ESG with experience in ESG reporting advisory engagements e.g. TCFD and/or other related fields
- An understanding of the value drivers within ESG including how to conduct client-specific reporting maturity assessments
- Commitment to completing tasks and working to fluctuating deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to analyse large amounts of data, draw conclusions and use these to solve problems
- Experience of working within a project environment as part of a team or leading sub teams
- Strong oral communication and written communication/report writing skills
- An ability and desire to learn new skills working in unfamiliar industries/environments.
- Audit, advisory or hands on ESG risk management experience
- Qualified Chartered Accountant or relevant ESG qualifications
- Good project management skills.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with internal and external stakeholder groups.
- A desire to build internal and external networks and develop client relationships
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:Degrees/Field of Study preferred:Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Required SkillsOptional SkillsDesired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not SpecifiedAvailable for Work Visa Sponsorship?
YesGovernment Clearance Required?
NoJob Posting End Date