Line of Service
Deals TaxManagement Level
Senior ManagerJob Description & Summary
Our Deals Tax team works closely with our Deals practice to advise on the tax implications of all aspects of transactions including; Mergers & Acquisitions, Business Recovery Services and Real Estate. Part of the wider Corporate Tax network, we work collaboratively across specialisms to drive value and help our clients succeed at all stages of the deal lifecycle.
MTAG (Management Team Advisory Group) is a specialist tax team that advises on the tax and commercial issues in relation to the design, implementation and operation of management and employee incentives, either on the sale or acquisition of a business or when new incentives are required. Our clients are predominantly top and mid tier investors in the Private Equity market as well as the board level C-suite, (lower tiers of management), the companies they run.
The MTAG market segment works closely with the deal teams within Private Equity houses and key contacts within these organisations such as the in house tax and legal teams, as well as Chief Officer-level directors of privately-owned and Private Equity-backed companies. The objective of our work is to ensure that the management team's equity or other incentives are structured in a commercially and tax efficient manner, in order to align interests between management and the investors and to motivate and retain key executives of the business. Often the work is time pressured, fast moving and confidential so requires some flexibility from our team.
Our team is fueled by open and curious minds who are passionate about their work. As part of the team you'll experience unparalleled opportunities to develop your career. You'll work on complex and challenging projects and gain experience working with prestigious and diverse clients - from high profile multinational organisations and private equity firms to start-ups and owner-managed businesses.
Role & Responsibilities
- Taking the lead on tax due diligence and structuring projects during a transaction. We also work on equity resets, joiners/leavers, or assignments linked to a float process.
- Our work often involves an international element reflecting the global nature of many of today's businesses.
- Building quick, strong relationships across various markets.
- Working in a team on demanding, fast-paced projects with the support of junior and senior colleagues to deliver bespoke technical advice, communicating complex issues in an effective and efficient way and encouraging coaching within the team
- Financial management of clients
- Leading and initiating business development activities, helping to identify and research opportunities with new and existing clients, including helping with proposals and attending networking events.
- Taking responsibility for developing your own and the team's technical and business acumen; keeping up to date with business and economic issues, industry insights and sharing your experience and technical knowledge as part of a team. You will be expected to build valuable front line transaction and commercial experience to enhance your technical and client handling skills.
- Managing client take on procedures as well as WIP and budgets.
Essential skills and experience
- Chartered Accountant (ACCA, ICAEW, ICAS, CAI) or Chartered Tax Advisor (ATT, CTA) or equivalent international qualification
- Strong knowledge of the Private Equity industry
- High level of emotional intelligence, both in order to develop trusted relationships with those around you but also in terms of your own self-awareness in order to build resilience.
- Ability to build internal and external relationships and networks, both within the UK and overseas
- Developed communication skills, specifically in negotiating with and influencing others
- Strong analytical, project management and report writing skills.
- An inquisitive mind and ability to solve problems as part of a diverse team
- Ability to use tax technical knowledge & insights in a fast paced commercial environment
- Experience coaching and managing teams
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:Degrees/Field of Study preferred:Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Required SkillsOptional SkillsDesired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
0%Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
YesGovernment Clearance Required?
NoJob Posting End Date