Line of Service
Senior ManagerJob Description & Summary
A career in our Sale and Purchase Agreement practice, within Deals Transaction Services, will provide you the opportunity to help organisations realise the potential of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and capital markets. In short, we help some of the world's leading companies originate, create, execute, and realise value from deals. Through data driven insights we help our clients move in the right direction ensuring maximum value for their company.
Our team provides organisations expert pricing and negotiation support at all stages of a transaction from pre deal work through to post completion support. You'll help the team with financial due diligence, pricing negotiations and accounting, financial benchmarking and working capital assessment.
This role will be based in one of our UK offices either Birmingham, Leeds, London or ManchesterAbout the Team
Our specialist Sale & Purchase Agreement (SPA) deal mechanics advisory team (of around 25 people) provides expert support to clients, partners and deal teams both in the UK and internationally in all financial and tax aspects of SPA work. Our clients come to us to obtain our advice on the key value items in a transaction, including supporting them in their equity price negotiation as well as the drafting of the accounting and tax elements in the SPA. The role involves the identification and articulation of value issues related to deal completion mechanics to assist clients in their SPA negotiations. Our team based in London and five regional offices is uniquely structured to enable us to react quickly to clients demands and deliver a high quality solution to satisfy clients needs. We work with clients across a range of industries with opportunities for people to specialise in any of the following: Technology, Media & Telecom, Health & Pharma, Industrial Products & Services, Real Estate, Financial Services, Retail, Consumer & Leisure, and Energy, Utilities, Mining & Infrastructure.
PwC is one of the leading providers of Transaction Advisory services globally, encompassing areas such as due diligence, valuations, post-merger/acquisition planning and deal structuring. We have dedicated specialists throughout our global Transaction Services (TS) business, and our clients include the world's leading companies and private equity institutions. We advise on deals with values typically ranging from 1 million to over 10 billion. Our specialist teams are uniquely placed to advise at all stages of a deal from strategic inception through to due diligence to post deal.About the role
We're recruiting for a Senior Manager to join our SPA team based in one of our offices. The successful candidate will be part of a highly-regarded, rapidly-growing team and will receive extensive one-to-one coaching and support from experienced deal practitioners, enabling them to develop into a trusted advisor at all stages of a transaction.
As a Senior Manager within our SPA team, you will gain an understanding of the nature of TS products and how an M&A transaction is executed, and be responsible for:
- Managing day-to-day tasks on complex/high-profile engagements
- Training and coaching junior team members
- Supporting partners and directors in delivering client projects
The role will enable the individual to:
- Gain familiarity with key accounting aspects of an SPA and completion mechanisms
- Develop a specialist skill-set in a high value-add area for corporate and private equity clients
- Improve analytical and negotiation techniques
- Gain insight into key value levers for clients in negotiating SPAs
- Work closely and build relationships with due diligence teams and other advisors, to identify and mitigate risk for clients
- Participate in the success of a highly profitable business, viewed as a key differentiator to competitors
- Develop a strong internal and external network
- Work in a highly-motivated team, embracing flexible working
- Work alongside a wide range of other advisors in the deal including lawyers and corporate finance advisors
- Gain significant exposure to the "decision maker" in deals providing significant opportunity to influence the outcome of negotiations at the crunch point on deals
This is a highly rewarding role as the benefits and value created for clients are clearly visible. Essential Skills & Experience
- ACA/ICAS/CPA qualified or equivalent
- Experience within a Transaction Advisory / M&A role
- Strong analytical skills and commercial awareness
- Work with a high attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly with clients and other advisors (written and oral)
- Willingness to develop internal and external networks
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise responsibilities across multiple projects
- A flexible working style
- Strong MS Excel skills
The following skills and experience are desirable, but not required:
- Familiarity with SPAs and completion mechanisms
We are open to applications from candidates who wish to work out of one of these offices; Birmingham, Leeds, London or ManchesterEducation
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:Degrees/Field of Study preferred:Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Required SkillsOptional SkillsDesired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not SpecifiedAvailable for Work Visa Sponsorship?
YesGovernment Clearance Required?
NoJob Posting End Date