* Working with an integrated team of personnel to develop the detailed design, delivery and handover of the allocated schemes.
* Contribute to the buildability input into the design for various aspects of the project.
* Support the commercial and planning teams with the development of cost forecasts and programmes for the development of budgets; delivery of works and monitoring of progress.
* Work with various specialist suppliers during the detailed design / development phase and subsequently on site to ensure works are delivered on time and within Costain safety and quality standards
* Work with the design team in developing the buildable solution to be constructed on site.
* Assist in the development of strategies for the delivery of the works considering access, temporary works and logistic constraints for your allocated section.
* Ensure works are supervised on site and delivered in accordance with the works information
* Liaise with the design team to proactively seek safe and efficient solutions on site should any unforeseen buildability issues arise during delivery.
* Be accountable for the quality of the constructed product by ensuring full compliance of the relevant quality documentation including Inspection and test plans.
* Package management of subcontractors during detailed design and subsequently during construction.
* Manage interactions between designers and on-site team to resolve outstanding design and technical queries during the construction phase.
* Challenge and report any unsafe acts observed during project delivery.
* Preparation and review of safe systems of work including RAMS, permits, etc.
* Carry out records of work including site diaries, output monitoring, progress reports, quality documentation etc.
* Civil Engineering related qualification.
* Demonstrable experience delivering infrastructure projects.
* CSCS mandatory.
* The ability to manage and control tasks and lead a team
* Willing to mentor and develop junior staff
* Experience in some or all of the following: highways delivery in logistically challenging environments including earthworks, drainage, structures, surfacing and associated temporary works. Works in environmentally sensitive areas