Reporting to the Board, responsibilities will include;
- Run the AML, Compliance and Internal Controls functions
- Build working relationships with the FCA, FOS and UK law enforcement agencies as well as the Regulators in overseas countries already operating in
- Advise all staff on new rules and regulations;
- Maintain policies and procedures in accordance with regulatory requirements and corporate governance guidelines;
- Work together with marketing and communications to ensure that all public communication matches
- Implement controls and work together with marketing and customer support to ensure that compliance requirements are met
- Drive new opportunities for the business from a compliance angle
You should have solid UK AML experience with both a good understanding of African culture and how general business approaches (including regulatory) differ from the UK. You should also be able to operate at a strategic level, advising the Founders and Board whilst still able to roll up your sleeves and carry out the detailed work yourself. You should have strong relationship management skills, able to work well with Regulators other external stakeholders.
This is a great opportunity to join an established organisation at an exciting time of their growth where you can be instrumental in the day-to-day decision making. So, if that sounds like you, then please send your details to Gary Collins in the first instance email@example.com (Including a contact number & email) however please note due to Covid we cannot reply to all applications so only successful applications will be contacted (although under no circumstance are your details ever passed on without your specific permission).
Compliance Recruitment Solutions Limited (CRS) are acting as an employment agency in relation to this role.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Through application, all candidates signify their acceptance of the above information and confirm that the information they provide is true and accurate to the best of their knowledge.