We are looking for enthusiastic tutors for English, Maths and Science predominantly covering all levels primary and secondary school, Key Stage 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5, GCSE and A Levels. These subjects are our highest demand, but we also have demand in Economics, Psychology, Geography, Politics, Philosophy, Languages...the list goes on!
We are looking for engaging tutors with a passion for their subject to help children succeed in their studies and have fun along the way! In return, we offer a supportive culture with a network of fellow tutors and online resources featuring the latest tutoring tips and techniques. You will be paired up with the most appropriate students who live near to you based on a proven matching system. If you would like to make a difference in a child's life and are looking for flexible hours to suit your schedule, please get in touch to join our team!
We service Milton Keynes South (Bletchley, the Shenleys, Furzton, Westcroft, Loughton, Woburn, Newton Longville etc), Milton Keynes West (Bradwell, Heelands, Stony Stratford, Wolverton etc) Buckingham, Maids Moreton, Tingewick, Thornborough, Padbury, Steeple Claydon, Winslow and the surrounding area.
The majority of tutoring is in-home and applicants should be able to travel to these locations to tutor. As per client requests we also offer virtual online tutoring.
Please note that we cannot engage international students on Tier 4 student visas
The Role: We are currently recruiting for tutors experienced in supporting students academically in three main areas of focus
* Primary - English (literacy, handwriting, spelling, phonics) and Maths. Key Stage 1 - 2
* Secondary, GCSE & A level - Key Stage 3, 4 and 5. English, Maths and Science is our highest demand, but we also have demand in Economics, Psychology, Geography, Politics, Philosophy, Languages...the list goes on!
* Special Education Needs (SEN): Dyslexia, dyspraxia, autistic, ADHD and developmentally delayed students including students with speech and language delays
* Adult Learning: ESOL, English
* Entrance Exam Preparation: 7+, 11+, SATs
* Deliver bespoke tutoring on a one-to-one basis to students in the convenience of their own homes, or online if requested by client.
* Liaise with the Tutor Doctor local management team to understand the students' needs
* Plan sessions accordingly and prepare material for session work and homework
* Complete timely session reports using Tutor Doctor's online system.
* Ensure you are accessible and reliable, maintaining clear communication with clients and the Tutor Doctor local management team
Our expectations of tutors who work with us
* Timely submission (within 24 hours) of tutoring session summary reports via the Tutor Doctor IT system
* Once matched to a student, you should commit to completing the tutoring program that the client has signed up for (for example, a 48-hour tutoring package) to ensure learning continuity
* Deliver great tutoring lessons and academic coaching, as measured by client input to our Feedback Survey system