We’re looking for an engineer or scientist to join our development and support team. You’ll have a good first degree in Engineering, Physics or a related STEM field, have demonstrable practical experience and be keen to take on plenty of responsibility! This role is open to recent graduates, as well as seasoned engineers.
Development Engineer – Engineering, Physics or Similar
Harwell Oxford, Didcot OX11 Plus occasional travel
Up to £45,000 Negotiable DOE, Plus Share Options.
– Do you enjoy being hands-on, building and testing things?
– Are you looking for an exciting, varied role where you can learn from entrepreneurial colleagues on a mission to innovate?
– Are you enthusiastic about working in a small team where decisions are made rapidly and you can influence those decisions and make your mark delivering products?
– Would you be comfortable in front of customers, from scoping projects to delivery, commissioning and ongoing support of finished systems?
– Do you have an inquisitive mind and a quest to keep learning and improving?
If so, we'd love to hear from you.
Who we are:
We’re a successful, fast-growing, high-tech company based in South Oxfordshire bringing a revolutionary analytical instrument to market, the IRmadillo spectrometer. We are rapidly expanding our global customer base and are looking for someone who will fit into our agile team culture.
About the Role:
We're constantly improving the performance of our IRmadillo spectrometer and improving our manufacturing processes. You'll experience cutting-edge agile management methods and learn about lean 6-sigma manufacturing techniques alongside product design. You’ll be working across all aspects of the business within a multi-disciplinary team, and you will be working directly with international customers to coordinate projects.
Examples of the type of teamwork would include a selection of the following, (based on your talents & skills)
+ Designing and improving the product
+ Coordinating the delivery of successful customer projects
+ Developing manufacturing processes
+ Testing hardware and software, both for manufacturing and development
+ Investigating and resolving customer support tickets
This position is based at our Headquarters on the Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire, England. Some international travel will be required for customer visits and conferences.
If you can solve a problem, if you really want to help, and if you can write a nice covering letter, you might be the ideal person for our A-team.
Interested? Apply here for a fast-track path to the Hiring Manager
If you have any pre-application questions please contact us first quoting the job title & ref. Good luck, Team RR.