Robert Walters are very proud to be partnering with one of the UK's leading utilities, engineering and infrastructure providers in the Manchester area on a permanent basis. The organisation are currently going through a period of exponential growth. In the past five years, growing from an £80 million turnover business to £450 million, with a plan to reach £800 million in the coming five years. As a result the organisation is looking to expand its finance team to help with this strong period of growth, of which will provide lots of internal opportunities for solid career progression paths.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions.
- Oversee financial department employees, including financial assistants and accountants.
- Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary.
- Track the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement.
- Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the company.
- Research and analyse financial reports and market trends.
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making.
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports.
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings.
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes.
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company.
- Experienced in leadership.
- Understanding of data privacy standards.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Research and analytical skills.
- Critical thinking and high ability to solve difficult problems.