When you join Priory, you'll be part of an innovative and growing organisation helping to redefine the health and social care landscape across the UK.
This role is based at our London offices, with the opportunity for hybrid working.
We have an exciting opportunity for an External Relations Manager to join the team and support our growing business. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications/Head of External Relations, the External Relations Manager will play a major part within a small, friendly external communications team, where your impact will be immediately noticed. You will play a key, influential and active role in all areas of external communications, leading on drafting stakeholder communications. You will have lots of energy and experience building and maintaining strong relations with the media, and navigating sensitive and multi-faceted issues with an attention to detail - combined with superb writing, grammatical and communications skills - with the confidence to offer advice and counsel to senior internal colleagues and stakeholders.
External Relations Manager duties include, but are not limited to:
- Leading on external stakeholder communications, and horizon scanning
- Supporting (drafting and sourcing) positive external PR activity for high-profile communications campaigns
- Responding to media queries, and assisting with issues management
- Managing media monitoring services
- Bringing, building and maintaining strong relationships with the national and local print, online and broadcast media
What we would like from the External Relations Manager:
- Degree level, with 'A' level English and 'ready-to-publish' writing skills
- Strong experience in media and/or PR
- Knowledge of healthcare PR, and strong experience of issues management, are highly desirable
- Self-starter with the ability and confidence to work autonomously where required
Further details can be found on the attached job description.
What we would like to give you:
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Online benefits and cash back rewards
- Cycle to work scheme (qualifying period)
- Technology Scheme (qualifying period)
- Employee Referral Scheme
- SMART Pension
- Access to Career Pathways scheme
Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the attached job description prior to making an application.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we find a suitable candidate.Disclosure
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Group will cover the cost of a DBS.