Commercial / BrandResponsibility:
Increase lifetime value and Customer Satisfaction of W?U Customers.Reports to:
Birmingham Head Office / Hybrid 3 days per weekCompensation:
30K - 35k + EquityOur background and your main purpose:
W?U makes personal Electric Vehicles (EVs) that look incredible and perform like kings of the road. From humble beginnings in a garage in Nottingham to our new headquarters in Birmingham and factory plant in Chelmsford, we're a full circle, DTC, innovative UK-based brand that inspires, and kicks ass.
In the face of fierce competition (and in a market ruled by big-name brands) we knew the only way to get our EVs out to people was to go direct. We reverse-engineered the flagship product we knew people would love and have grown a community of loyal customers, singing our praises all over the UK.
But we won't stop there. Because we've now secured the investment to scale up and become an international EV brand. The rubber has hit the road!
And that's where you come in - because we're now focused on building our core team of talent, as we continue our relentless quest to create the hottest electric transportation on the planet, develop EV autopilot and accelerate the global transition to fully-sustainable energy.
We've got big ambitions. We want to grow our revenue to £51m by 2024, invest more in our brand and talent, open a second headquarters in Berlin, and follow that with another HQ in New York.
To help us grow the right way, we engaged eCommerce growth consultancy The Growth Foundation (Gymshark, Ruroc, THG). Their initial review identified several key hires to help us hit these ambitious scale-up targets.
This role you're looking at now is one of them.
This role is career-defining; allowing the right candidate to make their mark, learn while doing and work to propel W?U into a trail-blazing, aspirational global EV Brand.
Reporting to W?U Founders and working closely across all commercial functions, you will be an integral member of the Brand Creative team. Working with the other internal creative heads you will be responsible for the delivery of world-class creative content; across all creative, design, photographic and film briefs, ensuring the end result stays true to the creative vision approved and aligns with the brand guidelines for our different style choices.Main Accountabilities:
- Ability to understand the brand, vision, and target demographic to create and develop the company's written content goals and strategies.
- Ability to research, prepare, and write creative and compelling content for marketing and website, including blog posts, static copy, and video content as well as the technical aspects, such as SEO and HTML and CSS.
- Competent in analysing performance indicators, web traffic, and determining the effectiveness of created content.
- Excel in creating an editorial calendar to establish a timeline on posting and selected distribution channels, including social media.
- You must be able to communicate effectively with a variety of different people to create effective content.
- It is important to note we are not looking for any copywriters. We are looking for a creative individual that can become the voice of the brand, translating our vision into compelling written content across all external touchpoints of the company.
- An experienced digitally-minded producer: you will be able to project manage and deliver weekly digital content within a fast-paced team, ideally familiar with UX principles and planning the customer journey at every step
- Someone with a user centred approach to creating content, putting the consumer at the heart of everything you produce
- Experienced in producing small agile socially relevant shoots both on location and in a studio with quick turn-around
- An accomplished negotiator with experience dealing with agents and external suppliers
- Someone with proven project management/production experience, 3 years + of working in a creative/digital agency environment.
W?U Values and Behaviours:
- An experienced project manager/producer who is used to working on digital campaigns with creatives and content creators, with a user centred approach
We know that the right people are our most valuable asset. We strive to hire excellent people to nurture and develop within our business to grow with us for the long run.
We hire, invest and promote people that demonstrate our values through their daily behaviours.
- Transparent - Brutally
- Open minded / Self Aware
- Believe in the Brand