Our client is a global leader in food manufacturing selling products in over 100 countries with 25 factories worldwide. They are a great company to work for offering excellent career progression and job satisfaction. They are currently looking for a seeking a Category Manager to be based in Hammersmith, West London to work with and support the Senior Category Manager in the delivery of the company's ambitious growth plans. This role is critical in demonstrating their knowledge and leadership across the categories and to drive the development of progressive partnerships with the retailers.
Category Manager Main tasks and responsibilities:
* Work with the Head of Category, Senior Category Manager & Category Managers to develop our Customer category relationships, across all product categories, in an unbiased and objective manner
* To work with the category team to be the voice of the shopper both internally & externally
* To work with the Category Managers on key retailer range reviews, in particular:
Providing examples of instore execution
interrogating merchandising plans and recommending how to optimise them
Identifying & analysing key outcomes of range reviews as they go live in store, ahead of data availability
In time to become the category point contact for specific channel insights
* To deepen & enable the category knowledge of internal stakeholders by:
Sharing branded performance headlines as market data becomes available
Publishing accurate & insightful category reports, monthly
Sharing topline category overviews, deep dive insights or market news in a variety of meeting forums
* To give a clear view on the performance of both branded and own brand product launches:
Tracking sales performance & distribution build
Identifying successes to learn from
Recommending corrective actions where necessary
Understanding if each initiative brings incremental growth or grows through cannibalisation
* To support the exploration of new categories via instore and desk research to identify key insights & build knowledge
* To co-ordinate the capture of key instore events eg Christmas, Pancake Day
* To maintain the Retailer Range Review Calendars
* To ensure the integrity & accuracy of external data sources via monthly coding reviews, database management & regular liaison with our agency partners.
Key Stakeholders: Brand Team, Commercial Team, Product Development, Retailer buying, category insight, development & merchandising teams and Data & Insight agencies
Category Manager Candidate Profile
The successful candidate will have the energy and ambition to make a significant contribution to the future success of the business. They will thrive in fast paced, action orientated environments and relish new challenges, managing multiple priorities and working collaboratively with their colleagues to deliver a shared goal.
* FMCG background in UK.
* A proven analyst and coordinator
* Degree educated, desirable but not essential
* Strong communication
* Excellent analytical thinking, attention to detail and interpretation of data
* Hard working , highly organised and efficient
* Team worker with good interpersonal skills
* Able build positive internal & external working relationships
* Ability to deal with pressure & multiple priorities
* Working knowledge of excel & powerpoint
* A 'can do' attitude, happy to 'roll up' their sleeves
* Dynamic and creative with analytical integrity
* Forward thinking and proactive
* Has a natural curiosity to look beyond the brief & beyond the data, asking why?
Category Manager Company Package:
The role offers excellent career prospects working for a market leader and a comprehensive benefits package including training, health care, free eye tests and £90 towards glasses, a good pension, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, life assurance and wellbeing initiatives.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send an up to date copy of your CV to Kate Evans as soon as possible quoting reference GP227