Earn additional income through one-to-one tutoring.
Tutor Doctor is looking for experienced Primary School Tutors who can support our students in the Birmingham and Solihull areas. We offer our Tutors highly rewarding assignments which are challenging and fulfilling whilst providing flexibility and professional support to ensure your success. There are no minimum hours requirements and you can work on the days and times that suit you.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Delivering personalised 1:1 tutoring sessions in-home.
* Preparing and delivering tutoring sessions to best meet your student's academic needs and goals.
* Develop individual academic plans for students.
* Clarifying and teaching subject matter.
* Assessing and reporting on students' knowledge on a regular basis.
* Being a mentor to students.
* Ensuring the safeguarding of the students you work with.
Qualifications and Skills
Our ideal Tutors:
* Are qualified Primary School Teachers, Teaching Assistants or Tutors experienced in teaching literacy and numeracy.
* Have a good working knowledge of the national curriculum (EYFS - KS2).
* Care about helping their students improve and achieve academically.
* Have excellent communication skills.
* Are flexible, organised and reliable.
* Have their own transport and are happy to work in students' homes.
* Demonstrated success in a Teaching or Tutoring role.
* Passionate about helping students and young people grow and achieve.
* Outstanding record of academic achievement.
* Be committed to the safeguarding of all young people.
* Able to work evenings and weekends.
* Passionate about coaching and mentoring others.
* DBS certification.
What you get by joining Tutor Doctor:
* Be part of a global organisation working with over 18,000 tutors in 17 countries, having helped over 250,000 students.
* Local placements and flexible hours.
* Access to our live job-board - a constantly-updated portfolio of current tutoring requirements.
* Your choice of students, based on criteria that are important to you (level, location, subject).
* We meet families prior to placement - so you have full information about the student and the home.
* We take care of admin and renewals to help you focus on just the tutoring.
* Ongoing support from our own Tutor Management system which gives access to education resources, advice and 1st class training material.
With Tutor Doctor there is no obligation to take on any students - registration is risk-free and you have full control over your own diary... so you can pick and choose assignments that suit both you and your schedule