Finance Manager/Grants Accountant - Central London/Remote - £45,000p.a.Do you want to be part of a purpose driven, global media organisation that has been at the fore of their arena for over 20 years?
Are you the type of commercially-minded Finance Professional who thrives on helping to build something special?If so, this could be the ideal role for you.
BondMoran Recruitment are delighted to be working with this commercially astute, 'purpose driven' organisation who are currently experiencing a period of rapid growth.
Working closely with a highly engaging Head Of Finance and Senior Leadership Team, this role will suit an experienced, commercially astute finance professional.
As with so many growth SMEs you will need a pragmatic approach to offering a sounding board when required whilst being prepared to get involved with the day-to-day requirements.
As the Finance Manager/ Grants Accountant, you will prepare monthly and donor reporting and you will also lead on project-related budgeting processes, working closely with the Head of Finance and other stakeholders in creating proposal budgets or when re-forecasting.
You will require first-class communication skills to effectively communicate with relevant non-finance stakeholders and help drive actions and aid decision making.Main Areas of Responsibility
- Lead the day-to-day financial management of , including the organisation the monthly and quarterly management accounts.
- Posting project income monthly and tracking donor receivables/deferred income.
- Closely monitoring expenditure, preparing monthly budget versus actual reports for each project and reviewing with relevant stakeholders to analyse variances.
- Prepare donor reports.
- Assist Head of Finance to prepare financial reports and analyses for projects.
- Support the Head of Finance and Heads of Departments with preparing funding applications and partnership bids.
- Foreign exchange management - review of project balances in local currency to assess any potential gains or losses.
- Financial accounting which includes maintenance and reconciliation of control accounts.
- Monitor the oD bank accounts and cash position across multiple currencies and ensuring restricted funds are not used for unrestricted purposes.
- Review and reconcile Payroll and Pension reports.
- Lead for financial compliance, including VAT, employment taxes, and corporation tax.
- Prepare year-end figures and oversee the audit process, liaising with the auditors and maintaining a regular dialogue throughout the year.
- Manage relationships with outsourced service providers.
- Sage experience is beneficial.
IS THIS YOU?Our client is seeking to progress the recruitment process swiftly so if you are keen to know more, please apply ASAP.Requirements:
- Proven, relevant experience with exposure to Grant or Donor Accounting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills with strong knowledge of Sage, Xero or similar
- A positive, can-do attitude
We do our best to reply to EVERY application!
We have been candidates too and we work hard to treat you in the same way that we would want to be treated. Therefore, we try not to rely on a generic advert disclaimer as this is something that is important for us and the businesses we partner with.
Given the high volume of responses we receive from the combination of job boards, social media and other sources and despite our best efforts, many of our responses will be via email as we simply can't call every application - We know that may not quite what you want to hear but we hope you'll understand and that you like our approach.
Short-listed candidates will obviously be contacted for this specific role and, regardless of the outcome of this process, feel free to ustilise the 'job seeker resources' on our website.