New Year, New You, New Career; New Care!
Our stunning new home Bridgewater Manor is a purpose-built 71 bed care facility and is situated in the popular location of Worsley Village. The home provides the highest standards of safety, comfort and care to residents who have a variety of care needs including residential, nursing and dementia. We invest in the latest technology, and offer a purposeful programme of daily activity and gentle exercise to enhance the experience, care and wellbeing of our residents. All team members are hand selected for their warmth and passion, they have a full induction and ongoing training from our in house trainers in conjunction with the New Care Academy. New Care has had a 0 agency usage for over 12 months as we employ a permanent staff team to ensure continuity of care to residents from staff that know them and that residents know and trust.
We are seeking to appoint a kind, caring and motivated Team Leader to join our team. You will support the Home Manager and Deputy Home Manager in providing leadership to the care team and effective 24-hour management of the home within the available resources. We have a full time
contract available with excellent hourly rate of £11.00, this will be increasing in April 2022) Shift times are 1945-0800, with alternate weekend working. To apply for this role you must have medication management and administration experience. You must have undertaken (evidence to be provided) both COVID vaccinations to apply for this role, unless medically exempt. Role Responsibilities:
Skills and experience required:
- Promote the highest standard of person centred clinical nursing care to residents.
- Manage, allocate duties and supervise the care team ensuring a quality delivery of care for the duration of the shift.
- To be a role model and demonstrate person centred care delivery.
- Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of adults that you are responsible for or come into contact with.
- Manage the delivery of residents personalised care according to their agreed plan of care for the duration of a shift.
- Promote professional standards within the home supporting the Deputy and Home Manager.
- Provide supervision, coaching and assessment to Care Assistants.
- Ensure effective assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of resident care through written care plans.
- Maintain correctly written records as required by the company and regulatory bodies.
- Manage daily rotas and delegate daily workload ensuring sufficient and safe use of manpower.
- Ensure that all new admission files are completed within the week of arrival and the named nurse, senior carer and key worker must all contribute to completing the file
- Build relationships with external professionals
- Assist the home manager to carry out regular quality audits of care plans
- Medication management and administration experience
- Experience working with older people.
- NVQ Level 2 in Social Care of equivalent.
- NVQ Level 3 in Social Care or equivalent/ the achievement of this in the first 12 months of their employment.
- Evidence of the ability to contribute to the assessment, planning and evaluation of the care needs of older people.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of the 6 principles of care and how they should underpin delivery of care in a residential/Nursing setting.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate self-motivation and confidence.
Opportunities to progress through our career paths into more senior and management roles
About New Care
- Bank holiday and overtime enhancements
- 5.6 weeks annual leave per annum
- Paid DBS
- Uniform provided
- Paid training
- Refer a friend referral scheme
- Excellent induction programme for new starters
- A rewarding career with lots of opportunities to progress within the company
- Ongoing support and training for nationally recognised qualifications
- A competitive rate of pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Recognition awards - employee of the month and golden tickets
- Ongoing career development
- Travel plan - walk or ride a bike and get a free meal that day
- Christmas Bonuses
- Pension scheme
- HASTEE - access to your money as you earn (pay advance)
The care philosophy of New Care aims to ensure all residents maintain the highest level of independence and achieve their full potential whatever that may be - physical, intellectual, emotional or social. We believe this philosophy can be achieved by providing professional, person- centred care, nurturing each resident individually exploring and understanding their needs. The health, well-being and happiness of our residents is always our number one priority.
New Care, as part of the McGoff group have been designing, building and operating care homes for over 10 years. Each New Care home is purpose built and expertly designed with the needs of our residents in mind. Internally the design is luxurious yet comfortable and practical.
The company ethos 'To celebrate the wonder of people' relates to all those who are part of the New Care family, residents, their family and friends, staff members and professional visitors. Ultimately we want residents to live their lives to the fullest and to be proud of their home and feel happy to invite their family and friends to visit. This position is subject to a DBS check