D&R Partners are proud of our continued partnership with the UK's largest specialist lender. With the customers at the heart of the business, our client ensures that there is always a positive experience, and results tailored to the individual's needs.
Our client is seeking to employ a risk manager who is responsible for overseeing the effective operation of elements of our risk framework and toolkit, to ensure that risks are identified, analysed, mitigated and that they are monitored and reviewed regularly. This covers all risk types (excluding regulatory compliance, legal, financial crime, financial and credit risk) across the Group.Key Responsibilities:
- Undertake risk-based reviews across the Group to identify and assess IS & BCP key risk and evaluate control performance.
- Oversee the delivery of the Group Operational Resilience framework to define, implement and embed the operational resilience framework across the Group. Work with key business partners to identify important business processes, propose impact tolerances and associated scenario testing plans.
- Oversee the delivery of the Group Information Security framework to define, implement and embed the framework across the Group.
- Co-ordinate the completion of BC activities across the Group including partnering with departments in building BC plans for their areas.
- Prepare reports and associated MI for reporting to operational areas, the Group Risk Committee, relevant risk forums and external regulatory reporting as required.
- Undertake risk assessments for high risk third parties in accordance with the Supplier Management Policy considering IS & resilience frameworks where required.
- Previous risk management experience within financial services.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to assess risks that may arise, their impacts to the business and find solutions that work with business stakeholders.
It will be a permanent, hybrid role, with 3 days at home and 2 in office. As business needs demand, in office attendance may be required more often. The standard working hours are 9 - 5:30.Benefits:
- Discretionary bonus scheme: based on performance, you can earn a percentage of your annual salary - up to 5% in year one, up to 20% in year two.
- 24 days holiday; your entitlement will increase with years of service. Your birthday will be an additional, guaranteed day of holiday. You can also buy and sell holiday with colleagues.
- Matched pension contribution: what you put in, so too will your employer.
- Life assurance.
- Private medical insurance, critical illness cover, and a health cash plan.
- Free gym membership.
- Discount to local amenities; restaurants, bars, and shops.
- As well as the above benefits, our client proactively offers career development opportunities, and where possible, will offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
If this sounds like an opportunity that suits you, do not hesitate - please apply. Alternatively, if you think this is suitable for someone you know, do send them the link for this application.
We welcome all applications, that fit the above criteria, and thank you for the time spent applying to this underwriting role.