An outstanding opportunity for a recently qualified Accountant to join a global construction & engineering contractor in a Finance Manager capacity as they expand their UK team.
This role will be based in London and will be the lead finance person for the UK office.
The company has a large footprint across Europe and partners with some excellent clients which has allowed them to further expand their UK operations.
This Finance Manager role will be working within a dynamic and forward-thinking team and will provide the opportunity for the right person to eventually grow and build a finance function.Day to Day Responsibilities of the role:
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Play a critical role in providing financial guidance and support to the company
- Manage overhead and commercial cashflow, including building strong relationships with project managers and commercial teams to allow for accurate forecast
- Produce monthly management accounts, including trial balance, income and expenditure reports from COINS
- Process UK VAT returns using COINS and provide overseas tax advisors with data for VAT reporting
- Work closely with the different offices across Europe
- Post all purchase ledger invoices, ensure all timesheets are produced correctly, create sales invoices and set up web-expenses
- Management of payroll including daily allowance, car allowance and salary costing to each project
- A minimum of 5 years accounting experience as will be managing a finance function
- Recently qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA), finalist level will be considered
- Exposure within Europe, as the parent company is based there
- Ability and experience establishing strong processes and procedures
- Need to be able to work independently and multi-task
- Experience within the construction or engineering will be highly desirable
- Strong Excel skills
- Flexible/Hybrid working (2-3 days office/WFH)
- Company Car or Travel Allowance
- Private Health Insurance
- Company Mobile Phone
- Life Assurance
- Great office space with social events happening regularly
This is genuinely a fantastic opportunity for a recently qualified Accountant who is seeking a hands-on role at a company where the opportunities could be endless. If this sounds like the right type of role for you, please click the apply now button to submit your application.