At Amazon we expect no more and no less from you. Ever since Amazon opened its virtual doors, our aim has been to become the most customer-centric company in the world. How? By having people like you who make sure that our customers can find everything that they are looking for online - at great value and convenience. Immerse yourself in an environment that is fast-paced, growing and continuously innovating to offer great opportunities for our customers and for you!
Your professional challenge as Senior Vendor Manager:
- To develop and lead the vendor management strategy for your category.
- You will build strong relationships at a senior level with our vendors and facilitate discussions in order to drive profitable growth.
- By managing a team of vendor managers and brand specialists you will deliver selection growth and increase value for our customers.
- As a leader within the business you will share best practice across categories.
- You will turn in-depth analysis into strategic insight and action.
- You will seek out ways to automate & simplify manual processes in order to improve productivity.
- You will work closely with the site merchandising, in-stock and product management teams for your category.
- The performance of your product category, customer experience and operational efficiency will determine your success.
Is this the kind of challenge you'd like to take on? Will you thrive in our environment? If so, start looking forward to the excellent opportunities that we have to offer, along with an attractive compensation package. Join us and be a part of Amazon's success!Basic qualifications
- Professional experience at a senior level ideally in an e-commerce, retail, key account management or consulting environment. Experience in building senior level internal and external relationships.
- Proven ability to influence others in a business setting.
- Strong communication skills and an assertive approach, whilst maintaining your ability to be vocally self-critical.
- Experience of managing and developing a high performance team.
- Passionate self-starter, decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas.
- A business focused way of thinking and a strong hands-on, results-driven mentality
- Excellent English skills
- University degree required ideally in a technical or analytical discipline.
- Cross functional experience, especially finance, marketing or supply chain.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and database work, with experience in SQL as a plus
- Commercial experience in a relevant product category would be beneficial, though not essential