We are searching for a Compliance Executive.About the firm and department
RSM is a leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services to middle market leaders globally. With around 3,650 partners and staff in the UK and access to 51,000 people in over 120 countries across the RSM network, we can meet our clients' needs wherever in the world they operate and offer our staff brilliant and fulfilling careers. Indeed, we were recently "2 star" accredited by Best Companies, achieving the rating of "outstanding organisation to work for". We also placed second in the "Best Accountancy Firms" category and have been named the UK's 6th "Best Big Company".
People are an organisation's biggest asset but they are often its biggest cost and risk. RSM's People Advisory Services business line helps organisations enact their people and talent strategies and manage their people challenges using a multi-disciplinary approach in the UK and globally. The team combines RSM's experts across employment tax, employment legal, payroll, HR, equity reward and global mobility. Working together, this alliance of specialists brings clients a unified and seamless service offering. People and Pay (PAP) is the HR and payroll division of People Advisory Services.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team at an exciting part of the journey. The variety of projects will challenge you every day, helping you expand your capabilities and grow professionally. You'll have plenty of opportunity to broaden your horizons and discover a culture that nurtures individuality and celebrates fresh thinking!About the role
The Compliance Executive will be part of the PAP Compliance Team which acts as the central processing area for the business line's clients, ensuring necessary client due diligence is carried out and kept up to date in accordance with UK Anti-Money Laundering Regulations (AML) and that signed engagement letters are in place.
About the ideal candidate
- Completing client due diligence on customers requiring new or additional PAP services in accordance with internal procedures and money laundering regulations. This includes understanding different structures of clients, tracing beneficial ownership and analysing results of electronic checks to identify possible PEPs or sanctioned individuals, as well as carrying out conflict checks with other services provided by RSM UK and the international network.
- Working with Business Development team members to ensure each new client is onboarded efficiently and within the correct timeframe.
- Carrying out Politically Exposed Person (PEP) evaluations and risk assessments on high-risk clients.
- Drafting engagement letters for new and existing clients/engagements using the firm's standard template, ensuring they are signed by both parties and returned promptly.
- Referring any requests to change terms and conditions to the Engagement Partner and Legal Team, and co-ordinating responses with the customer until an agreement is reached.
- Ensuring PAP is compliant with GDPR and the correct documentation is in place if third parties are involved.
- Assisting with ongoing maintenance of client AML information and updating engagement letters for existing engagements.
- Assisting colleagues with client disengagement and compliance related communications with clients.
- Understanding and anticipating the needs and expectations of the clients; offering new ideas to the business development team and Compliance Manager on how to improve the client onboarding process.
- Keeping up to date with changes in money laundering regulations and the firm's procedures.
- Any other duties as requested by the Compliance Manager and Head of Compliance.
This role is suited to someone with a keen eye for detail and excellent verbal and written communication; an individual with a flair for customer service who can write clear and concise emails to clients and internal stakeholders. You will have GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English at grade C / 4 or above and demonstrate proficient abilities in MS Office and Windows applications.
ACAMS or ICA qualification(s) in KYC and CDD coupled with relevant experience is desirable but not essential, as full training will be provided if necessary. However, you will have had successful involvement in any of the following areas: client account management, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), legal, office management, customer/client service and/or client on-boarding. The following competencies are required:
Key relevant skills or expertise
- Excellent organisation, with the proven ability to meet deadlines and prioritise work whilst maintaining accuracy and focus.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an analytical approach.
- Confidence in communicating with people at all levels.
- Examples of initiative and being able to work well within a team environment.
- Ability to research independently and work unsupervised, with the desire to learn new tasks and take on additional responsibilities where necessary.
- Client onboarding
- Know Your Customer (KYC)
- Anti Money Laundering (AML)
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
Experienced hirePermanentGUILDFORDEmployer Services