Job: TreasuryPrimary Location: Europe & Americas-United Kingdom-LondonSchedule: Full-timeEmployee Status: PermanentPosting Date: 14/Apr/2022, 7:58:58 AMUnposting Date: Ongoing About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.Role ResponsibilitiesStrategy
- Treasury Markets (TM) acts as guardian of the Group's balance sheet and liquidity by expertly driving asset liability management that is transparent, trusted and well respected. TM is the first line of defence responsible for managing the short-term liquidity position of the Bank
- The role requires strategic thinking across the whole Treasury portfolio assisting the global head of credit investments in building a portfolio management function and focusing on improving the banks ROTE and revenue whilst minding the liquidity and balance sheet metrics.
- The role further requires creating and executing on the strategy for the credit opportunities portfolio which houses the riskier credit investments within treasury. The budget for this portfolio is $40-60mio. The notional size for this portfolio itself is over $3bio.
- TM's principles are:
- Always act in the best interest of the Bank
- Never Compromise the structural integrity of the balance sheet
- Responsibility includes managing and delivering appropriate returns on the Treasury Markets Credit Opportunities Portfolio which invests in riskier credit assets within the Tsy portfolio.
- The role includes identifying opportunities in the bond market across various asset types which not only meet the RWA return hurdle of the bank but also minimise risk whilst maintaining an appropriate level of diversity in the portfolio.
- The role requires end to end management of the portfolio strategy from creation, execution to booking and pricing as well as managing MTM and credit risks in a timely manner.
- Assist TM in developing and executing a strategy for optimal management of TMs credit portfolio on a global basis maximising returns and capital efficiency/ ROTE.
- Leadership role responsibilities across focus areas to assist TM senior management:
- Credit - Maintain a portfolio of HQLA and short-term interbank exposure, supporting regulatory requirements, managing surplus liquidity, and balancing returns with risk appetite
People and Talent
- TM business and risk management processes are defined and governed in various risk, governance and control committees (e.g., TM PGC)
- Assist in training junior team members on how to practically run an investment portfolio from booking to pricing and risk management.
- The role involved active risk management on the credit opportunities portfolio looking market and credit risks across rates and credit. The portfolio risk management is important where we consider concentrations by sector and geography. It's important to for the person in the role to consider capital impacts from each position and from a portfolio view to assess the risk that is being run.
- The role also shares responsibility of driving development of a portfolio management function for the whole treasury portfolio.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- It is essential that the person in the role manages the extensive governance requirements from booking trades, report sign off and maintain requirements for SCBs risk and regulatory framework. This extends to completing e-learning's on time.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations across jurisdictions
- Conduct Principles - maintain standards of "Financial Crime Compliance"
- Treasurer, other Treasury teams, Senior Risk, members Compliance, Business Stakeholders and COOs
Our Ideal Candidate
- Communicating risk and positioning to senior management and deputising for head of TM Credit. Actively managing interest rate risk through IRS.
- Market / Liquidity
- Balance Sheet Management
- Financial Products and Markets
- Financial Analysis
- Capital Management
Visit our careers website