An exciting and high profile position has arisen in the UK & ICC LFO team as Manager - UK&ICC LFO.
The primary goal of the UK&ICC LFO team is to provide best-in-class decision support to the UK & ICC Consumer Business including analytical insights, strategic guidance and financial planning. Delivering on these goals requires in-depth thought leadership around the evaluation of product-line and business-line economics, development and maintenance of investment decision tools, and the creation of both an annual operating plan and long-range strategic plan.
This Manager role is part of the UK&ICC LFO team based in London and will have 1 direct report.
- Provide in-depth thought leadership and decision support on strategic initiatives and product developments to the UK Leadership Team.
- Evaluate product-line and business-line economics - investments, deals, partnerships and products - with financial analysis based on robust financial modelling, reasoned and thoughtful assumptions and clear, rational output.
- Ownership of end-to-end UK&ICC investment optimisation process.
- Partner closely with the acquisition and marketing teams to provide consultative guidance on investment planning, drive engagement and transparency and influence trade-offs to develop a robust investment pipeline, and ensure integrity in the investment decision tools.
- Provide high quality and value-added analysis and presentations on investment performance, product profitability and market trends to influence strategic business decisions.
- Collaborate with the wider Finance organization to deliver critical financial performance processes such as month end, annual plan and strategic plan.
- Work closely with the Marketing, Controllership, Risk, Utilities, and other Finance Central teams, providing them with market and finance insights and expertise.
- Partner with the wider Finance organization to support critical processes and utilize appropriate expertise, especially in relation to WCBC.
- Managing and providing regular coaching and development to direct report
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we're supporting our customers' financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what's possible - and we're proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
What you'll need to thrive:
- MBA, qualified accountant or equivalent professional qualification, with significant tenure in Finance roles
- Strong analytical skills with experience of financial modelling, NPV and data analytics to prepare insights using mass data and identify key messages including advanced TM1, IDN, SAS and Cornerstone knowledge.
- Experience of driving results, meeting tight deadlines across multiple teams
- Ability to prioritise work, review complex financial data and focus on most critical issues
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers and partners across multiple functions and influence others without having direct authority.
- Clear and concise communication skills, able to summarise for finance and non-finance audiences at different seniority levels.
- Proven track record of impactful Business Partner decision support
- Comprehensive understanding of Consumer Card economics, especially re Lending & Partnership negotiation key levers
- Strong drive for results & delivery of high quality decisions
- Excellent people leader able to develop and coach talent.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Recruitment Team on
Job FinancePrimary Location United Kingdom-Greater London-LondonSchedule Full-timeJob Posting Apr 29, 2022, 2:08:16 AM - May 6, 2022, 10:59:00 PM