Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging - where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world - helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The role of Commercial Finance Manager - Deal Modeller is to be a recognised Subject Matter Expert and deal modeller for non-traditional client Incentives agreements (CIAs) specialising in Crypto deals (and fintech).
The role is responsible for driving business cases to evaluate new proposals and recommend financial deal structures and solutions that can satisfy both customer needs and Visa governance requirements. In partnership with the Fintech team, the person would also model and evaluate wider market level strategic initiatives. While ensuring Account Executives prepare robust offers, by determining the viability (via modelling) of investment proposals.
The role holder will report to the Head of Non-Traditional Deals for EuropeKey Accountabilities
Manage the Finance responsibilities for each deal from deal inception to contract signing, including:
· Modelling particularly complex investment deals, ensuring they fit Client expectations, and are aligned with the budget and meet all enterprise level criteria where possible.
· Anticipating conflicts that might arise, preparing alternative scenarios as appropriate.
· Conducting highly technical and complex data analysis, modelling and forecasting aimed at establishing the level of sign on, performance-related and other incentives Visa is prepared to offer to new customers or existing customers expanding their business with Visa.
· Advising a range of stakeholders on financial deal structures which are compelling to customers whilst safeguarding Visa's financial and legal position and enabling achievement of growth objectives
· Communication of financial risks to management decision makers
· Ensuring compliance with Visa's governance
· Ensuring approved financial terms are accurately reflected in final contracts
· Providing commercial insight and context for CIAs and where required, challenging client assumptions to ensure that a robust view of the clients' current portfolios, future projected growth, and clarification of client requirements which will form the basis upon which Visa will construct offers.
· Works with the legal team in understanding key regulatory and contractual terms that must be adhered to in determining the acceptability of deals.
Ideally an Accountancy Qualification (CIMA/ACA/ ACCA) or MBA
· Extensive experience of working in a Finance department, preferably with some experience of Finance support for commercial decision-making.
· Demonstrated expertise on payments business
· Substantial experience running complex data analysis and modelling
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills essential
· Demonstrated ability to explain and evaluate financial information to non-numerate individuals
· Potential to develop strong negotiation and influencing skills and ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders at all levels,
· High level of computer literacy including detailed knowledge of Microsoft Excel and data repositories such as Cognos, Hyperion.
· Ideally the candidate has an avid interest and experience with Fintechs and Crypto, or as a minimum has a desire to learn.
Additional InformationVisa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.Summary
- Type: Full-time
- Function: Finance