Everyone at Entrepreneur First believes it really matters what the world's most talented people choose to do with their lives. We work every day to be the best place in the world for around 700 high-potential founders a year to meet their co-founder and build a technology startup from scratch. See how it works here: As the world's leading talent investor, we've pioneered a new model of company creation backed by renowned investors - from Reid Hoffman (LinkedIn) and Demis Hassabis (Google's Deepmind) to Taavet Hinrikus (Wise). Since 2011 more than 3,000 individuals have joined our programmes in London, Singapore, Berlin, Paris, Bangalore and Toronto. To date, they've created more than 500 companies worth more than $4 billion - companies like Magic Pony Technology, which was acquired by Twitter, and Tractable, which raised a Unicorn round earlier this year. Do check out to see a sample of what our work produces. The Role
Entrepreneur First invests through AIF vehicles, with an in-house, sub-threshold AIFM. We are regulated solely by the FCA. The Head of Compliance will be our most senior Compliance professional and will have a broad range of assignments and responsibilities, internal operational policy, and process creation. This is coupled with the opportunity to learn about the workings and growth of a globally unique talent investor with a presence in six jurisdictions and ambitious expansion plans.What You'll Do
Location and Start Date:
- Ensure that our FCA regulated business activities are compliant with applicable rules and regulations, including AIFMD, MIFID and SM&CR, and remain compliant as we grow our AUM.
- Work towards holding the position of SMF16 and SMF17 for Entrepreneur First's AIFM.
- Advise senior management and employees on compliance issues.
- Maintain awareness of other financial regulatory regimes that affect us through our global operations and advise senior management how to incorporate these into daily operations.
- Own the FCA Reg Data reporting schedule throughout the year.
- Provide compliance advice to key stakeholders throughout the business, through our decision making process, including on raising and marketing new funds and expanding into new jurisdictions.
- Act as MLRO and ensure our compliance with financial crime law and regulation across our global locations.
- Design, manage and maintain our internal compliance framework and our internal compliance policies and processes (both FCA-related and other, e.g. GDPR).
- Conduct and own: KYC processes in relation to fund investors and portfolio company founders; investor due diligence and liaison; Beneficial Ownership investigations.
- Own Internal Risk Assessments, Compliance Officer Report and MLRO report.
- Design, manage and maintain our internal risk registers.
- Implement the annual compliance training plan.
- Oversee an effective compliance monitoring plan.
- Lead the implementation of regulatory change including IFPR.
- Ensure ICAAP / ICARA is reviewed at least annually.
- Manage external KYC requests in a timely manner.
- Liaise with external Fund Administrators for KYC and KYC updates on fund investors.
- Manage compliance related registers such as gifts, complaints and breaches.
- Act as the key contact for FCA notifications and requests.
Our London office is in Bermondsey and we envisage most colleagues working a mix of in-person, in the office and remotely. However, we are very flexible on work patterns and locations and are happy to discuss arrangements with candidates. As an international company, effective remote working has long been a priority and we intend that post-covid it will remain an option to work remotely several days each week (though not full time).What You'll Need
- At least six and ideally ten year experience in Compliance in an FCA regulated environment, with thorough knowledge of AIFMD and SM&CR.
- Experience holding SMF 16 / 17 status an advantage.
- A background in Alternatives ideally from VC or PE but we will consider other institutional Asset Management experience where relevant.
- A pro-active, flexible, positive, curious and resourceful nature.
- A meticulous approach to work, with great organisation and attention to detail.
- A commitment to continual process improvement, with a passion for bringing structure to the task at hand.
- The ability to influence and work with team members of all levels to make change happen.
- Excitement for the idea of a small, close-knit team and a fast-paced environment.
What You'll Receive
- You will be part of our small but close global Legal and Compliance Team, which is part of our wider Fund & Global Operations team.
- You will receive a competitive salary and participate in our Long Term Incentive Plan (for example, sharing in any profits the fund returns).
In addition to the financial compensation, the benefits of working at EF include:The opportunity to work with a fast-growing organisation that is influencing the growth of tech entrepreneurship and changing the paradigm around startup creation - not only in the UK, but globally;Supporting our investment in technical founders working on cutting-edge, world-changing businesses - and being part of an enthusiastic and fast-paced team;Holidays: 23 days per year plus a 2 week office shut-down over Christmas and New Year L&D Allowance: 400 per year to put towards your personal developmentWellness Allowance: 400 per year to put towards Wellness Activities (gym memberships, yoga classes, running shoes, subscription to Headspace etc) EF champions diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment in which a wide variety of backgrounds thrive. We do not tolerate discrimination of any nature including but not limited to discriminating on the basis of race, colour, religion, culture, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status. London /EF Team - Legal & Compliance /Full-time Permanent