Come and bring your strategic business management acumen to Trinity C.E. Primary School and become our next School Business Manager.
School Business Manager - Immediate Start Available
£29,500 - £33,900 (pro-rata)
Full time, (term time only plus 5 INSET days plus 2 additional weeks during school holiday periods)
Henley-on-Thames, RG9 1HJ
Please Note: Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
At Trinity, you will find energy, enthusiasm and a sense of pride at every turn. We are proud to be an academically high achieving school, where our pupils can develop a love for learning in a happy and stimulating environment. Our ethos encourages curiosity, self-confidence and resourcefulness, helping pupils to reach their full potential at school and beyond.
We are now looking to appoint a self -motivated, inspirational person to the post of School Business Manager. Vacancies at the school are rare and this opportunity has only arisen due to retirement of the current SBM.
In conjunction with the Head Teacher and governors, this is a fantastic opportunity for you to conserve and grow the finances of the school, whilst efficiently allocating the school's existing budget for the immediate and long term benefit of our pupils.
The role will involve the strategic leadership and management of the financial, premises, human resources, health and safety and administrative aspects of the school, as well as the day to day management of the office and premises staff.
As part of the leadership team, you will also contribute to the short and long term school development plan.
The ideal Candidate will have:
* Commitment to high educational, professional and personal standards.
* Empathy for and respect for young people and their needs.
* A strong financial/administrative background.
* A proven track record of leadership including experience of leading, inspiring and motivating a team, using a 'can do' approach.
* Experience of managing finance, human resources, health and safety, premises and support functions, ideally within an educational setting.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Highly developed planning and organisational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
* Managing strategic financial plans and managing budgets, financial reporting, procurement.
* Knowledge and experience of accounting and other financial management systems. SIMS preferable.
* Knowledge of procedures of recruitment and personnel issues.
* Awareness and understanding of issues related to procurement, contracts, risk assessment, health and safety.
* Experience of using Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel at an advanced level.
* Experience of leading budgetary management and allocation of resources.
* Experience of leading and advising on a range of financial issues including regulatory and legislative policy changes.
Required Education / Qualifications:
* Qualification or equivalent experience in relevant discipline.
* Professional qualification (DSBM, ADSBM or NVQ 4 or Degree or equivalent qualification).
* GCSE Grade B or above in Maths and English.
* The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
* An enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and relevant documentation are required for this post.
How to apply for the School Business Manager role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, click "apply" today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any supporting documents.
Other suitable skills and experience includes: Finance Manager, Educational Administrator, Operations Manager, Business Manager Jobs Reading, Financial Administrator Jobs Reading, Office Manager - Education, School Administrator, Strategic Business Manager, School Business Manager Oxfordshire