We are seeking a Cloud Accounting specialist to work within the Cloud Accounting Group, a team whocarry out digital onboarding and support for the firm's clients. The role is permanent, and would suit a part-qualified accountant who is seeking a new challenge, and who has an affinity and enthusiasm for digital technology. Dealing with clients will be a key part of the role, so the candidate should have excellent communication and inter-personal skills.The candidate would be working within a newly created Cloud Accounting team, and would play a key role in assisting the Cloud Accounting Senior Manager to implement the firm's strategy for this important part of our business.The candidate would be responsible for working with clients who wish to modernise their accounting systems, by upgrading to a cloud system, or enhancing what they already have in place. The candidate would also be involved in the firm's Making Tax Digital for Income Tax and Self Assessment (MTD ITSA) project, working with clients affected by the imminent changes to reporting under MTD ITSA, and onboarding those clients onto Xero to bring their records into a digital format.The role would include (but is not limited to) the following, within agreed deadlines:
- Onboarding clients onto cloud systems and ensuring that data has transitionedaccurately
- Providing advice to clients regarding how to make the most of working in the cloud
- Providing training to clients on cloud products
- Providing training to internal teams regarding cloud products with an emphasis on how these can help clients
- Conducting research into new cloud products and testing these with a view to adding to the firm's app stack
- With regard to the MTD ITSA project:
- Working with tax team members to identify the clients affected by MTD ITSAand scope the work required, including building an understanding of the client
- Making contact with affected clients and assisting them with the onboardingprocess, such as setting up Xero bank feeds, creation of bank rules and trackingcategories
- Providing training to clients where they wish to maintain their own Xero records
- Identifying opportunities for the firm to assist clients who do not wish tomaintain their own Xero records and referring to the relevant team
- Tracking progress of the clients on their digital journey and providing ad hoc training and advice as required
The candidate would be working within a team, alongside an assistant who provide support, and to whom they would need to delegate certain tasks and supervise.
The role reports to the Cloud Accounting Senior Manager.
The individualThe candidate will have strong numeracy and accuracy skills, along with the ability to learn quickly. A good knowledge of Excel would be preferable, and knowledge of Xero is essential. Understanding of otheraccounting systems, including cloud-based systems such as Hubdoc and Dext Prepare, would be helpful, but is not an essential requirement.The ideal candidate should be hard working, show initiative and be self-motivated, with the ability to organise their own workload. They will display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to communicate effectively with managers, partners and clients. The candidate will also be a natural team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude and excellent eye for detail.Education and experienceThe candidate should be educated to at least A level standard (or equivalent), with a minimum of 3 A levels (or equivalent) at grades A to C. We expect that the candidate will have a minimum of 2 years' experience within an accounting role, preferably having used Xero.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you know someone who would be great at this role, why not take advantage of our referral scheme? We offer £200 in shopping vouchers for every referred candidate who we place in a role. Terms & Conditions Apply. https://refer-a-friend