Practice Accountant in Manchester
We are now recruiting for a well-respected, boutique in size firm of accountants in Central Manchester, that are seeking an ambitious Practice Accountant.
My client has an exceptional reputation in the industry and has a wide and varied client base within numerous industries and business entities.
The ideal candidate will be an ambitious ACCA/ACA qualified accountant, wanting to progress with their career, who will be working within a forward-thinking accountancy practice in the prosperous city of Sheffield.
The successful Practice Accountant is likely to have at least 5 years of previous experience gained within a general accountancy practice where they have carried out a varied range of tasks, including accounts preparation, VAT returns, tax computations, and possibly audit.
Reporting directly to the regularity. This role can be an excellent opportunity for an accountant that wants to further their career within a practice that is oriented towards staff growth and progression.This Practice Accountant role requires:
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships.
- Handled small business accounting with journal.
- Preparing working papers and annual accounts for sole traders and owner managed SMEs.
- Prepare statutory accounts in accordance with UK FRS 105 and FRS 102A.
- Prepare corporation tax returns for our clients with small-sized companies.
- Review VAT returns and submissions under MTD.
- Communicating with clients.
- Liaise with HMRC on behalf of clients.
- Supervise a team of accounts and train staff as appropriate.
- Processing Journals and finalising Accounts.
- Preparation of accounts and VAT returns for Sole Traders, Company and Partnerships.
- Corporation tax submission.
- Companies House admin.
- HMRC compliance.
Telephone and face to face liaison with clients including onsite visits.
Other ad-hoc duties.Person Specification:
- ACA/ACCA level qualified or Qualified by experience within a general public practice setting.
- Previous experience in a similar position in a practice background is a must.
- Work confidently with various computer and accounting software such as Quickbooks and Xero .
- Up to date financial and tax regulations.
- Quality assurance and customer care.
- Effective business communication and team working spirit.
- 3 years of experience working within an accountancy firm.
- Good oral/written English skill.
Salary will be negotiable depending on experience.
If you're looking for a Practice Accountant role in Manchester but felt this position wasn't the right fit, Charleston Recruitment is still able to assist you with your search.
Many accountants seeking new opportunities are unaware that although job titles can differ between practices, often the job specifications are similar. For example, if you see that we are advertising for a Semi Senior position in Manchester we may also be recruiting for a Practice Accountant in Manchester as well.
As a tip for your next search, we have seen an increase in the need for Practice Accountants in Manchester. If you possess this skillset, make sure you highlight it in your application. Our partner companies view it as a demonstration of strong technical knowledge.
Charleston Recruitment specialise in placing accountancy professionals in new positions. We can help you find the ideal Public Practice role that advances your career and keeps you on a trajectory towards meeting your professional goals.
If you have experience in Public Practice and would like to discover fresh career opportunities, please get in touch with us today.