Our client is a rapidly growing retailer with over 180 stores in the UK and a growing online and international business. They have opened over 30 new UK stores in the past two years and have ambitious plans for further growth including partnership retail models. They are massively customer centric and really care about their people, customers and the communities in which they trade in.
They are now looking for an Assistant Demand Planner to be based out of their panning & allocation team at their Amersham head office. As Assistant Demand Planner you will be responsible for planning deliveries at store level ensuring optimum availability of the current range in order to maximise sales across the relevant trading channel. You will deliver optimum sales by reviewing sales and stock forecasts at store/channel level and executing stock balancing activities in line with company strategy. As Assistant Demand Planner will be a commercially aware individual who has previous experience within a relevant merchandising/planning and allocation role. You will have the ability to quickly gain a good understanding of systems and processes as well as strong communication skills. You will need to combine your commercial knowledge and awareness of our product ranges with a natural ability to build working relationships to deliver a first-class service.
Responsibilities - Assistant Demand Planner
- Management of stock flow ensuring optimal availability at SKU/store across each channel.
- Trade stock across the business, identifying priorities within channels to maximise sales.
- Analyse store performance to ensure optimal stock support to drive sales and manage store stock levels.
- Identify key products/never out of stock lines and collaborate with Buying to ensure sufficient inbound to maximise sales potential.
- Work with Logistics Planning team to ensure effective planning of inbound/outbound stock flow to create a dynamic and ever-changing mix of product, creating the best customer experience.
- Collaborate with the Buying & Marketing teams on promotional calendar activity to ensure sufficient stock levels are in place to support price and location changes in store.
- Partnering with Retail ops, area and store managers, to ensure stores are supported in achieving sales targets and to address issues and opportunities.
- Be a proactive participant in your own personal development and display drive and enthusiasm.
- Develop capability within the Planning & Allocation team.
Desired Skills - Assistant Demand Planner
- 1 to 2 years previous merchandising experience would be preferable.
- Previous or current demand planning experience.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Commercially aware with excellent communication skills, pro-active and positive approach.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
The Assistant Demand Planner role offers a competitive salary with a profitability bonus structure, six days per month homeworking and additional benefits such as an annual retail allowance and life cover. You will also have the chance to add immediate value and enjoy future career opportunities in line with growth.
If you would enjoy being part of our clients on-going success-story then apply now to be considered for their Assistant Demand Planner role.