Are you looking for a new role in a dementia friendly residential home?
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Care Assistant to join our team based at Gower Gardens. You will join us on a full part time, permanent contract of 42 hours, in return for a competitive salary of £9.90 per hour.
Black Country Care is the health and care division of Black Country Housing Group. Within Black Country Care, we have two residential care homes. One of them being Gower Gardens, which is located in Halesowen.
In return for joining us as our Care Assistant we can offer a range of benefits including:
- Fee enhanced DBS
- Enhanced bank holiday rates
- Weekend enhancements,
- Generous annual leave entitlement,
- We offer a wide variety of Health and Wellbeing benefits,
Gower Gardens is a purpose built, dementia friendly home, offering the highest quality of residential care in a stylish and homely environment. The home provides 66 en-suite rooms across three floors, all furnished to the highest standard. There are a range of lounges and quiet rooms, so that individuals are able to enjoy a varied lifestyle. Within the home, there is also a purpose built cinema room, on-site hairdressing facilities and a café area.
The main purpose of the role is to work as an integral part of the care team; delivering the highest standards of personalised care to residents, ensuring that everyone is treated with respect; dignity and that independence and choice are promoted within a safe and caring environment.
Specific tasks of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Providing high quality personal care
- Assistance at meal times
- Manual handling, using equipment safely and correctly (hoists) where required
- Interaction with residents
- Maintaining a safe, clean and friendly environment
- Promoting health and well-being of the residents
Skills and Experience required if you want to become our Care Assistant:
- Must be able to work bank holidays and weekends
- The post holder will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure check and a six month probation period
- All staff will expected to follow our 4 values - Integrity, Positivity, Quality and Respect
Ideally, you will have experience of working in a residential care home environment but it is not essential as full training is provided.
If you would like to join us as our Care Assistant please click 'Apply' now, we'd love to hear from you!
At BCHG we are proud to be an inclusive organisation and we are committed to equal opportunity and encouraged applications from candidates regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships."
Reasonable adjustments will be made available should you be invited to interview