1st Staff are a Therapeutic Tuition Service for SEN pupils awaiting school placements or transitioning between schools. We are looking to recruit an experienced SEN Teacher or Outreach Tutor. 1st Staff Tuition caters for children aged 4-18 who have SEN, are unable to cope in mainstream settings or are at risk of exclusion. The role will be working at the pupil's home. Working one to one mentoring and supporting the lead tutor with preparing for and managing the behaviour of the pupil.
Ideal candidates will have:
· A passion for supporting children who face challenges in education
· Experience working with secondary age children
· Experience / knowledge of traditional SEN
· Have a caring, patient, and empathetic personality and is confident in dealing with challenging behaviour
Own transport required
Our purpose is to return all our students to specialist or mainstream education as soon as is practical.
What we can offer:
* Long term/full time
* £15 to £25 an hour (depending on experience)
* 9.00am - 3.30pm
* Ongoing training with a supportive team of staff
* Fantastic experience for aspiring Psychologists, Support Workers, Educational Psychologists, HLTA's or SEN Teachers
Apply today or for more information please contact Richie at 1st Staff
* Telephone (phone number removed)
We will be interviewing immediately so a quick application is a must!
1st Staff is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided. By applying for this role, you are consenting to GSL Education storing your personal details in our fully encrypted database, in line with the new GDPR requirements. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit