Are you a teaching assistant or recent psychology graduate looking to gain experience in SEN / SEMH schools?Are you based in Lichfield, Cannock or local to these areas?Please send your updated CV today!
Teaching personnel are currently working in closely with a number of specialist schools in Lichfield, Cannock and surrounding areas. We are looking to recruit a number of teaching assistants to support class teachers in SEN schools as well as behaviour support assistants to support in SEMH schools. Your commitments would be solely for the school working day which is usually between 8:00 and 16:00.
All students at these schools will have carrying individual needs varying from moderate to severe and complex needs as well as social emotional and mental health difficulties. As a result, having a background in SEN either at university or in specific job roles is desirable. A lot of these schools follow the Team-Teach ethos of positive behaviour management, and Teaching Personnel can provide training for this through our CPD academy. Team-Teach is accredited training provided to staff groups to promote a whole setting holistic approach to behaviour management
Psychology graduates tend to do very well in specialist schools due to the theoretical knowledge gained through university. In addition to this if you are a teaching assistant with experience working with additional needs please send your updated CV today.In order to be considered:
Teaching Personnel can offer you:
- A psychology / criminology graduate with a degree qualification or a current final year student graduating this year
- Must be open to supporting children with personal care or moving and handling where required
- Must have a positive attitude, pro-activity and be able to learn new skills quickly
- Having experience on placement in schools, hospitals, mental health or care with special Needs (SEN) is highly beneficial
- Provide 2 references.
- Proof of right to work in the UK
- Willing to complete a DBS or have a DBS which is already on the update service
- GBP65-80 per day, depending on experience
- A sense of your suitability for this profession
- The opportunity to gain an appreciation for the challenges and reward experienced by education professionals as they strive to deliver the best possible outcomes for their pupils
- Teaching Personnel's CPD Academy - Your Continuous Professional Development
- Pay - Weekly pay based on your skills, experience, flexibility and availability
- All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
- myTP - Digital services that make your work admin and communication simple
- Safe Working Practice - ensuring your reputation is protected
- A dedicated personal consultant who will support you through your registration and work journey.