Morson Talent are delighted to be recruiting for our client Thales. Operating in the Aerospace & Defence sector, Thales require a Senior Commercial Manager to lead and support on bids and contracts domestically and internationally for the development, manufacture and support of Integrated Airspace and Protection solutions.
Location is flexible, however the role is within Thales' Belfast-based business with the requirement to work from there periodically as work assignments require.
• Act as a point of contact for customers with regard to contractual matters
• Be capable of establishing good customer relationship and communications
• Take an active part in winning new business to consider the full suite of proposal documents when undertaking a commercial review
• For each business opportunity, take responsibility for and lead the commercial strategy
• Identify potential liabilities, risks, issues and disputes, arising with customers, suppliers, partners and third parties, and produce innovative mitigation plans
• Generate high quality commercial responses (including Statements of Work, Risk Registers and Executive Summaries)
• Submit proposals to customers
• Ensure a robust Contract Baseline is established and maintained for each contract
• Ensure compliance to company procedures
• Assist the Sub Contract Management function by supporting subcontract negotiations as required
• Manage the implementation of Contract Lifecycle Management within the team.
Skills & Experience
• Excellent communication and influencing skills
• Good commercial/business awareness
• Forward leaning, able to look at the broader strategy and outcomes beyond the immediate task, able to think proactively, creatively and anticipate needs
• Able to make sense of complex scenarios, translating into strategy and tactical solutions.
• Resilience and tenacity to deal with periods of high intensity work, notably during bid activity
• Record of accomplishment in assessing risk and communicating management/mitigation requirements
• Experience and competence in defence contract management, with a comprehensive knowledge of a range of complex and novel contracts in a variety of scenarios including structured collaborative arrangements
• Understanding of UK MOD and single source contracting either directly with the MOD or through a prime contractor
• A track record of successful contract negotiation and the management of change