Required: Data Cabling Engineers to work for my client***
If you've got demonstrable experience of installing, terminating and testing copper cabling then you could be exactly what they're looking for.
Interested? Then read on...
Tell me more about the role...
You will be primarily responsible for working with an existing team of engineers and reporting to Project Manager's on the installation and containment of a range of cabling products for various commercial projects throughout Northern Ireland. Our client is one of the leading network solutions and cabling infrastructure providers in Northern Ireland and due to an exciting period of growth are looking for several permanent Cabling Engineers to join the team.
This is a field-based role covering the entire region, where you'll be tasked with the following:
- The onsite installation of data cabling projects
- Installation of various types of containment
- Follow all onsite H&S procedures and risk assessments
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues relating to related to cables and networks
What experience do I need?
My client wants someone who's got experience of installing, terminating and testing copper cabling.
They'll also need you to have experience of:
- Experience of installations, including containment and swapping out of comms cabinets would be highly advantageous
- Installation, termination and testing of cat 5 and cat 6 cables
- Installation of fibre cabling although not essential would be highly advantageous for the role
- Experience in cable containment installation would also be highly advantageous for the role
In addition, it's essential that you possess the following:
- The ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of health and safety when working on-site
- The ability when required to use hand tools safely and confidently at height
If you've got all of that, then you could be perfect for this Cabling Engineer role and we'd love to see your CV.
Please note: It's essential that you have a full driving licence to be considered for this position. Please do not apply if you do not have one.
What can I earn?
This Cabling Engineer position offers a basic salary between £10 - £14 per hour depending on experience.
You also have the ability to earn overtime in this role.
On top of this, you can expect to receive an additional bonus should the company hit its targets (details of which will be revealed on application).
In addition you'll get other benefits which include the following:
- Private healthcare
- Paid training opportunities
- Overtime opportunities
Tell me a bit about the hiring company...
The business you'll be working for is over the last 25 years our client has established themselves as a market leader within wireless network design & installation across the UK & Ireland. Due to several large scale projects and an exciting period of continued growth now looking to expand their team with the hire of several data cable engineers.
Think you've got what it takes?
If you think you're the perfect fit for this Cabling Engineer role, then click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.
You could be right for this Cabling Engineer position if you've previously worked as any of the following: Cabling Installer, Lead Cabling Engineer, Data Cabling Engineer, Fibre Cabling Engineer, Data Cabling Engineer or as a Cabling Electrician