S Knights Recruitment is a specialist Employability & Skills Recruitment Agency. We recruit for Colleges and Training Providers across the UK.
S Knights Recruitment are proud to be recruiting for one of UKs largest engineering and manufacturing apprenticeship providers. Our client has been established for over 125 years specialising in engineering and manufacturing apprenticeships from Level 2 up to 5, they have an inhouse training facility to support with manual training then progress learners to the work place with regular visits and meetings.
This will a be a full time, fixed term contract supporting their current assessors with the quality of delivery for the learners from the previous year and current.
The roles and responsibilities of a short course IQA in Engineering will include:
* Up to date knowledge on changes in the qualification and the ability to train the tutors in these changes
* Well organised in manging records of quality assurance, assessment, registration, and certification activities in line with Awarding Organisation requirements
* Assisting BTEC/HNC tutors with internal verification of learners' work by giving advice and guidance
* Ensure compliance of the tutors is up to the standards of Ofsted and the awarding body as well as our own criteria
* Be able to monitor the planning and delivery of the activities being provided
* Participate in peer teaching and supporting the lead practitioner through learning observations
* Ensure classroom management is of a high quality and efficient and ensure learners are being respected and are benefiting from the support of their senior peers
As a IQA in Engineering you will need to have:
* An in-depth knowledge of BTEC/HNC within engineering
* Qualifications in Teaching and/or assessor
* An IQA qualification is preferred
* Occupational competence in engineering and manufacturing
* Ability to think strategically, communicate effectively, and deliver on objectives with a good understanding of an Education/ Training Provider observation expectations
* Experience with meeting compliance requirements of awarding bodies and other associated bodies
Apply today for the role of IQA in Engineering