We currently have a vacancies for CNC Machinists. We are looking for skilled and experienced individuals who are experienced in the use of FANUC operating systems. The ability to program and experience with multi axis machines would be an advantage. However having the right attitude and an enthusiasm & willingness to learn is the most important thing. Skills can be taught. Attitude and enthusiasm has to come from within.
Suitable candidates must be capable of reading and understanding engineering drawings and working to close tolerances and have experience of working with a range of different materials.
We are a friendly, yet professional Sub-Contract machine shop working on varying contracts. The work here is varied and people are valued for their contribution to the team.
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable business with a strong set of core values in a friendly supportive environment. We have a strong focus on developing our people with the potential to further your knowledge and skills.
We can offer you:
* Full time & permanent contract
* Company profit sharing scheme
* Regular overtime available
* A competitive salary (range £12 to £15 per hour) is offered depending on skill and ability.
* Minimum 2 years previous CNC machining experience.
* Knowledge of FANUC control systems preferred although further training given to the right candidate.
* Ability to work using own initiative and undertake first off inspections
* Ability to pick up new tasks quickly and high level of skills retention
* Self-motivated and a good team member
* Be able to work from engineering drawings, be conscientious and able to produce high quality products.
* Programming (training will be given to the right candidate)
* Optimising production techniques to improve efficiency
* Experience of a busy sub contract environment
* Capable of proving out and editing CNC programs
* Have a solid work ethic
* Be keen to develop and expand on their existing knowledge
About us & the role:
Sterling Machining Limited in Staveley Chesterfield Derbyshire are a leading sub-contract manufacturing company. We have modern Doosan machines and looking for candidates with knowledge of FANUC control systems.
We are generally making batches ranging from 1 off to 500 off which gives a varied and interesting workload and the opportunity to increase skills. Whilst the ideal applicant would have some programming knowledge, we would train candidates who have only previously set and operated.
Please only apply if residing within 20 miles of our site or permanently locating to this area.