We are recruiting a Duty Manager for our Client's Huddersfield Manufacturing Centre. The Duty Manager will provide a management presence on site out of normal "day" hours.
As the out of hours Manager, you will be expected to provide 1st line management of the HSE Operational Shift Teams and provide efficient and effective support to the manufacturing plants and service departments to enable them to meet their business requirements.
This is a shift role involving 12 hour shifts on both days and nights. Flexibility is required in order to provide cover requirements associated with shift pattern and other duties.
Salary : £45k - £55k per annum + 10% bonus plus shift allowance plus benefits
You will be responsible for the preparation and management of site activities for all companies on site during incidents / emergencies to minimise the effect on people, environment, company assets and public relations.
* Duty Manager of the Site - out of hour's management of site personnel and resources in line with the Works Priority List to enable the site to meet the Business requirements. Advise, coach, support and train individuals / teams where required. Ensure appropriate action is taken and relevant managers informed where performance, hardware or procedures exceeds or fails to meet required standards. Liaison with Regulatory Authorities. Manage the process for calling in resource out-of-hours.
* 1st Line Manager - manage and develop the HSE Operational Shift Teams using the SIPM process to ensure individual / team targets are met, delivering a high level of customer service.
* Responsible for managing a number of areas on shift including; Safety Services, Safety Control, Reception, Induction, Mail Room, Security and Weighbridge / Main gate out of hours.
* Authorised for safe systems of work to enable work to support production out of hours, e.g. Certificates of Safety, PTW's, Radiation Protection Supervisor. Responsible authors / owners of a number of key HSE Instructions.
* Investigate and respond to concerns and complaints from Site employees, external neighbours and Regulatory Authorities, take appropriate action ensuring the company reputation is protected. Lead role in the initial investigation and reporting of injuries / incidents as an HS&E expert to ensure appropriate actions are taken and appropriate personnel are involved.
* Site Main Controller - manage Site Emergency Response during incidents / emergencies for all companies on Site, to minimise the effect on People, Environment, Assets and Company reputation. Includes on-site and off-site emergencies. This will include being part of a backup "on call" to attend WYP Special Operations Room for technical support during Major Incidents.
* Responsible for site security.
* Responsible for managing budget and compliance within section.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Knowledge of the whole site, including 3rd parties, the people and the systems and processes.
* Understanding of supply chain & business drivers.
* Significant Chemistry / Engineering background and / or chemical plant operation.
* Understanding of chemical and non-chemical hazards and processes carried out on site.
* Have / prepared to obtain qualification in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH General Certificate). Good understanding of current Health and Safety legislation.
* Knowledge of emergency procedures for both on and off-site and support of OUR Client's global emergency management system.
* An understanding of and authorisation in the Safe Systems of Work used on site.
* An understanding of company policies and procedures.
* Good understanding of HR policies.
* Substantial experience of site systems, plant, processes and people in a production and / or managerial role.
* Extensive experience of all systems on site.
* Previous Line management experience.
* Good interpersonal, presentation, influencing, problem solving and communication skills (written / oral).
* Leadership skills for emergency and incident response co-ordination (competency-based training will be provided through external agency).
* The ability to remain cool-headed under pressure and make critical decisions in emergency situations.
* The ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the organisation and to outside agencies & regulators.
* The reputation of our client must be protected, particularly during emergencies.
* Job holder must have a current driving licence.
* Competitive salary and benefits scheme
* 31.5 annual holidays