We are currently looking for a Asset Manager to manage the physical rolling stock assets the business needs to deliver its strategy at optimum cost.
The Asset Manager will ensure that Wagon Assets are Safe, Reliable and Available against KPI's and contract requirements.
To ensure the safe and proper maintenance of rolling stock. Working with Operations and Production to deliver customers trains to achieve industry-best performance.
To champion special projects, manage contract reviews, and if necessary, manage modifications to the fleets following a detailed analysis and make recommendations accordingly.
Engage and assist with the Sales and Operational Planning process for Rolling Stock Assets
Experience and Knowledge needed:
- Management experience gained within the rail industry.
- Appropriate engineering qualification or degree or equivalent (Highly Desired).
- Previous experience gained dealing with wagon or rolling stock issues with rolling stock owners, lease companies and operatives.
- Understand contracts, budgets, reporting systems, and fleet maintenance.
- Data reporting
- Contract management
You will need to:
- Travel as required (Expenses paid for)
- Clean UK Driving License
Key result areas and responsibilities:
- Manage Rolling Stock Contractors and suppliers and ROSCOS ensuring interests are championed.
- Provide day-to-day support to our various maintenance locations ensuring activities carried out by our rolling stock contractors and wagon owners are mutually beneficial to. Ensure safety, quality and production is of the highest caliber, both for reliability and availability of rolling stock.
- To be key point of contact to our rolling stock maintenance contractors and wagon leasing companies on a daily basis, developing relationships with staff at all levels. Ensure all responsibilities delegated to the Contractor under the terms of the maintenance contracts are being managed effectively by the contractor - such as safe systems of work, staff competency, inspection, measurement and test equipment, depot facilities, access staging etc
- Identify poor performing contracts/assets, the causes and work with stakeholders to deliver solutions and maximise the value realised from deployed assets.
- Ensure the reliability and availability of the rolling stock fleet. Work with various owners, contractors and technical support to provide modifications and or trials where necessary to improve performance and operation.
If you are interested please apply