Your opportunityOpportunity to join the Market Assurance - Algorithm Assurance team
Deloitte's Algorithm Assurance team is a market-leading group of industry experts that is still rapidly growing. We work with all lines of defence and specialise in advisory and assurance work, providing practical, commercial solutions to global clients which require a deep understanding of algorithm controls and regulatory developments.
The team has built a reputation for providing pragmatic advice and assurance, positioning itself at the cutting edge of emerging trends by working closely with regulators, industry bodies and clients and conducting its own market research.
We specialise in supporting firms develop strong algorithm control frameworks to mitigate against key associated risks and comply with their regulatory obligations. Our primary focus is Trading Algorithms used by Investment Banks, HFT's and Brokerage firms however we also provide advice, remediation support and assurance across several other industries.Your role
We are looking for an Assistant Manager/Manager to join the Markets Assurance - Algorithm Assurance team in London to support with delivery of projects to clients in this space.Your responsibilities
You will understand our clients' industry and the issues they face on Algorithm Risk and Controls. The combination of your specialist and core assurance skills, industry expertise and on-going investment in this area will allow you to anticipate complex business problems for our clients and recommend appropriate action.
You will be
- Working within a team to provide professional services across the algorithm assurance focus areas described above.
- Day-to-day delivery of project objectives, interaction with clients, and regular reporting to team leads
- Initial preparation of and input to deliverables including written reports, working papers, and summary analyses.
- Algorithm control review and control testing
- Ensuring project deliverables are undertaken in accordance with quality and risk requirements.
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
You will be quick in developing an advanced understanding of your clients' business needs and key risks and you will be responsible for creating and maintaining strong client relationships, ensuring that we are adding value to clients' businesses and that the relationships we create outlast the individual projects.
The projects we work on from client to client can vary a lot and therefore you need to prepared to adapt quickly to new situations and enjoy variety. Often we are part of cross-service line teams delivering our expertise on large scale engagements which will give you the opportunity to also build a strong internal network.Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your applicationYour work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: You will be based in a Deloitte London office, however travel may be required for client based projects.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate.Your professional experience
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
- Experience in internal (or external) audit, in particular with regards to performing design and operating effectiveness testing of controls (IT control testing experience will be considered)
- Experience with regards to algorithm or technology control enhancement and regulatory change projects (e.g. through working within a risk and controls team at another professional services firm or through experience in regulatory supervision)
- Experience in working with control frameworks and/or control framework enhancement, especially relating to algorithms
- Knowledge and experience with algorithm risks and controls
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements relating to algorithms impacting firms and a strong interest in emerging regulation in AI/Algorithms.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - both written and verbal
- Strong aptitude with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to develop effective working relationships internally and with clients
- Positive and ambitious attitude, and ability to work on own initiative
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Educated to degree level or equivalent required
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
Our Audit & Assurance team understand the most important decisions are the ones we are yet to make. Crafting the future in an informed and clear-sighted way means understanding current conditions, as well as the trends that are shaping tomorrow. That is why we use our expertise in audit to show where things stand now, and to help inform the next step. With the assurance we provide, we help our clients to look ahead with strength and confidence across all of their accounting, regulatory and transaction needs.To view the full job description please visit Deloitte online career portal.