Our client is a well-established large independent garden centre, which specializes in homegrown plants, that is looking to expand. With over 50 years' experience within the industry, they are renowned for their personal and professional service and expert advice, with a focus to build and maintain strong customer relationships. Their company aim is for both the specialist and beginner gardeners to explore every aspect of gardening in their breathtaking display of over 16 acres of retail area, with each department brimming with inspiration for both the garden and home. They pledge to provide the largest range of plants, at the highest possible quality and at the best possible prices. Because they grow most of the plants they sell on their own nursery, they can select only the finest quality from their extensive range and keep the prices keen and fair. The team or qualified and experienced staff will always maintain their exemplary standards or customer service and they are now looking for an experienced Plantarea Manager to continue to offer only the honest, practical, and subjective advice to customers, and work with the Centre Manager to successfully run the department.Job Description:
As a Plantarea Manager, you will work closely with the Centre and Nursery Manager to ensure the smooth running of the department and deliver an exceptional service to customers, ensuring the quality of the plants are presented to a high standard. In this fast-pace, hands on role, you will focus on all areas of plant care/sales.Key Responsibilities
- Working with the Centre Manager to ensure the smooth running of the Plantarea as well as the garden Sundries and indoor plant departments.
- Working proactively, enthusiastically and with drive to succeed.
- Assisting the Centre Manager with cash handling, invoices and any additional paperwork that is required.
- Liaise with the company's sister centre on the purchasing and price establishment of products sold within the department.
- Ordering plants and product to pre-determined levels and within designated parameters from specified suppliers.
- Checking and receiving deliveries of product following the required procedure.
- Merchandising of product to the required standards.
- Ensure all Health and Safety measures are implemented and adhered to within the department.
- Maintenance of stock through watering and health control to the required standard, ensuring wastage is minimized.
- Maintaining signage to the required standard for Merchandising and Sales.
- Develop, motivate, and lead your team and monitor their performance and ongoing training.
- Work with your team to make sure we continue to deliver an unrivalled plant offering
- Ensuring a high level of customer service is maintained.
- Ensuring all staff in the plantarea area are fully informed and carry out their duties in an efficient manner.
As the Plantarea Manager, you'll need to have the following experience: A proven track record in garden centre retailing: you will know this working environment well in terms of the products & tips on how to care for a plants.
- Good plant knowledge
- Several years' experience working in a Plantarea or Plant Nursery
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A meticulous eye for detail and brilliant written and verbal communication skills
- A strong work ethic, a humble attitude, and an entrepreneurial spirit
- A qualification in a horticultural subject would also be an advantage
If you have experience in any of the following areas, we would like to hear from you.
- Nursery Manager
- Nursery Supervisor
- Nursery Team Leader
- Plantarea Assistant/Supervisor
- Plantarea Assistant Manager.
If this Plantarea Manager vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Sophie Sharpe.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Plantarea Manager vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Plantarea Manager vacancy will have been unsuccessful.