Our client are a fast growth business.
They are now looking for an exceptional National Account Manager to join the sales team, with a proven track record in selling own label and Branded goods into UK retailers. Experience in online account management would also be a distinct advantage. This position will be all about driving growth into the existing customer base as well as maximising opportunities for additional and new business under licensed Brands as well as own-label.
The work environment is fast paced, challenging and competitive. In this role, your self-motivation, personality, enthusiasm, pace and energy will be key - as well as your passion for exceeding targets. With responsibility for developing existing key accounts as well as new business, you will be a dynamic and commercially successful account manager.Key responsibilities:
- Build strong customer account relationships with key customers.
- Present to buyers at key periods & input into the promotional calendar.
- Meet with customers on a regular basis to create mutually beneficial business relationships.
- Maintain and grow existing key accounts in volume, value & margin to achieve budgeted sales and margin targets.
- Establish profitable growth and identify and deliver on additional sales opportunities.
- Bringing new products to fruition, including new product development, packaging and new line forms.
- Ability to think outside the box and bring new ideas concept to the account.
- Be able to manage priorities, working with more than one account at a time.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Costings and Margin calculations, including an understanding of cost build up and variables affecting margin - transport, packaging etc.
- Extensive use of Excel for budget, forecasting, costings and sales analysis.
- Responsible for accuracy, accountability and attention to detail both financial and new product development.
- Outgoing and able to build and maintain relationships.
- Clear communication both written and verbal.
- Willing to travel (UK) and work to short deadlines / flexibility.
- Build a strong relationship with QA, Merch, Finance and Operations.
- Build strong internal relationships with Quality Assurance team for trials of new products, develop product specifications & service all aspects of the customer account.
- Work with the design team through proactive range development and promotional planning.
- Provide a point of focus for effective communication between the customer and the various functional roles within the business.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Build strong internal relationships with merchandising team to provide accurate sales forecasts to ensure ongoing business is serviced to the highest of standards.
- Proven track record in increasing sales turnover & revenue and growth.
- Experience of selling into retail is essential.
- Energetic and motivated sales professional with passion and hunger to deliver.
- Affinity with product.
- Ability to build excellent relationships with new and existing customers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proactive and used to decision making on initiative.
- Team player.
- Strong work ethic and used to working hard to deliver results.
- Used to work in fast paced environment.
- Driving licence.
Excellent package on offer.