Simply Education are recruiting on behalf of an 'Outstanding' SEND School near Spilsby, who are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to join the team.
The school supports children and young people with severe to moderate learning difficulties and complex needs including Autistic Spectrum Disorders, varying degrees of developmental delay, profound and multiple difficulties and sensory difficulties.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with children and young people, especially encouraging and engaging with the children's personal needs and leading the children and young people to develop a greater level of independence and improved self-esteem.
This school believe that children with special educational needs deserve the same opportunities in life as every other child, and their outcomes should be the same.
If you do not have classroom experience, but do have experience working with children and/ or knowledge of SEND specialisms, please do apply. We are able to provide FREE CPD training for these roles.
All we ask is that you have the following skills and experience.
- Previous experience either working in provisions in mainstream schools or
SEND would be an advantage however not essential.
- Experience working in a School or with young people with complex behaviour (advantage)
- Looking to support a develop pupils with additional learning needs.
- Clear communication both written and verbal
- Be willing to learn
- Have a strong classroom management style.
- Have a creative approach in dealing with behaviour
- Be able to use your own initiative and work as part of a team.
Interested? Here are a few key benefits that may help you to make your decision:
- Your own dedicated SEND Consultant with specific knowledge of schools in your area
- A variety of daily and long-term positions to suit your needs
- 24/7 access to your dedicated consultant via phone
- Minimal administration (no time sheets)
- Email and SMS verification of bookings
- Online diary of booking, school directions
- £75 referral schemes
- 1 to 1 CPD with our Education Specialists
All candidates who register with Simply Education will have 2 years referencing taken up and will be required to have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or please call Amy Bevan on (phone number removed)
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Lincoln office for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available