We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO is seeking a Portfolio Associate to assist with supporting the global Hedge Fund business in our London office. Job description
Portfolio Associate team members directly support Portfolio Managers and build relationships internally with Account Managers, Product Managers, Legal and Compliance counterparts, Operations teams, and other Portfolio Associate teams across the firm's global offices. On a day-to-day basis, Portfolio Associates use their fixed income training to actively monitor portfolios and markets to assist Portfolio Managers in measuring risk and managing client assets. Portfolio Associates are routinely encouraged to provide creative solutions and develop key tools and reporting methods to support the Portfolio Management team.
For this specific role there will also be the requirement to provide support to the Hedge Fund strategies in our public business.
Position Development Value:
- Extensive exposure to industry experts within Portfolio Management and across other functional areas of the firm
- A broad range of opportunities to collaborate with talented colleagues
- Learning environment focused on key buy-side portfolio risk and return principles
- Constructive feedback to foster career growth in addition to a formal annual review process
- Under PM direction, size, allocate and raise orders in support of the various HF investment strategies.
- Ensuring investment objectives are reflected across portfolios in scope
- Monitoring portfolio positions and products versus client guidelines in concert with Compliance team
- Coordinating with Portfolio Management on re-balancing of portfolios
- Utilizing proprietary risk systems for monitoring of portfolio exposures
- Assisting in account transitions and cash flow management
- Conducting performance and attribution analyses
- Responding to ad-hoc requests from the Portfolio Management team
- Responding to ad-hoc requests from Investment Risk functions.
- Degree in finance, economics, mathematics or other related quantitative / analytical field from a leading university or equivalent experience.
- Deep understanding of fixed income including knowledge of most cash and derivative instruments. A good understanding of Equities is preferred.
- An understanding of portfolio construction and trade implementation is preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills are required to operate in a complex financial and mathematical environment
- Excel "power user" - SQL, Python and programming skills.
- Strong process-oriented background and ability to demonstrate keen portfolio risk and operational awareness
- Outstanding analytical skills with a proven ability to function efficiently and problem-solve in a high-pressure and time-critical environment
- 2+ years of experience with international markets is preferred
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office