Finance Manager£45,000 - £50,000 per annum plus annual performance bonus and fantastic benefitsThe Newt in Somerset
The Newt in Somerset is a truly unique destination with two distinct sides.
It is a country estate with ancient woodland, historic gardens with far-reaching views, a luxury hotel, spa and restaurants. Attracting some 200,000 visitors per year from all over the world, our vibrant and thriving garden attraction is animated throughout the seasons by special events, workshops and educational programmes.
The Newt in Somerset is also a fine quality food & drinks brand, offering fresh produce including, fruit and vegetables, dairy, meat, bakery products, cyder and apple juice from our estate in Somerset. Ecommerce and Retail
The E-commerce & Retail division is a revenue-generating part of the business which is behind developing, promoting and growing The Newt in Somerset as a fine-quality food & beverage brand. Offering a best-in-class experience is of upmost importance. This is achieved through a full vertically-integrated consumer proposition and operation which offers tight quality control across all phases of product delivery.Our Finance Manager
The Finance Manager will provide essential commercial, accounting and planning support to all budget-owning stakeholders within the E-commerce & Retail division. Ensuring that the highly-transactional enterprise gets full data integrity, accountability of both finances, inventory and assets, and audit-compliant standards of document handling and management account reporting.
Reporting into the Director of E-Commerce & Retail, the role holder will be tasked with establishing efficient policies and highly-automated procedures to handle the budgeting process, P&L reporting, governing and sense-checking sales projections and commercial objectives, govern the risk management process from financial perspective.
The role holder will be working closely with heads of functional departments within the division and coordinate priorities and executive reporting with the CFO and the Finance central support team.
Serving a rapid-growth business, the Finance Manager will require to be adaptable, good at prioritising and comfortable working to consistent milestones.Duties and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience
- To provide essential and comprehensive FP&A support to all business stakeholders across the E-Commerce & Retail division, while in close coordination with the central MA Finance team.
- To provide financial sense-check and governance of the long-term growth strategy, annual budget objectives and targets
- To own the processes of preparing the annual budget and quarterly forecasting
- Preparation of departmental P/L management accounts, which includes ??accruals & prepayments, adjustments, variance analysis and commentary preparation. P/L Reporting within agreed timelines and coordinating further with the central Finance
- To provide analytical support (e.g. financial statistics, costing, analysis) to the Budget owners, to enable the production and review of scenarios, sensitivity analyses, cost improvement plans, bids for new business, business cases and service development propositions. To support the development of financial models to support tenders for new / continued business.
- To work closely with the functional departments on analysis of operational performance, developing optimisation strategies of operational efficiency and costs control
- To ensure full integrity, transparency and traceability of transactional data, its reconciliation with cash flows, physical inventory movements and the balance of assets
- Assisting stakeholders with the process of preparation and submission of business cases for CAPEX projects.
- Ensuring all income is accurately invoiced in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensuring efficient and streamlined process of management and reconciliation of Purchasing Orders and Invoices across a wide range of suppliers.
- Ensuring debt collection activities are carried out in line with credit control processes, including full awareness of the status of debts and that aged debts are actively pursued.
- Recognised accountancy qualification: ACCA, CIMA, AAT level 4 or ACA
- 5+ years of proven track record of experience in management accountancy
- Excellent analytical ability & high level of numerical literacy
- High confidence in working with complex software systems, streamlining and automating routine processes
- High proficiency in aggregating and summarising information, preparing commentary, building and presenting both high-level and detailed reports
- Being able to recognise and adapt to different levels of financial proficiency within key stakeholders and be willing to provide guidance and support
- The ability to effectively delegate, supervise and manage assistant team members.
- Proactive with great interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with team members and stakeholders at all levels
Bonus experience is welcome:
Excellent Benefits package available from day one including:
- Strong commercial acumen and good understanding of the operational processes within e-commerce, retail, procurement, distribution, logistics.
- Direct experience working in high-volume transactional B2C environments, either e-commerce or/and bricks & mortar retail.
- Exceptional working environment, fresh estate grown meal provided each day
- Annual performance bonus
- 15% discount on online shop plus free delivery
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Discounted hotel stays for staff
- Garden Membership
- Family Events 3 times per year
- Access to internal/external training qualifications and programmes
- Cross Training and career development opportunities