Senior Account Manager
£40K-£50K + Bonus (£60-£68K realistic OTE)
Benefits: Health Cash Plan, Life Assurance & Pension
Hours Full-Time - office based only (+ any business travel)
Working hours: 9:00-17:30 Monday - Friday
My client is a UK leading mailing house specialising in direct mail, critical mail, print, postage savings and more. Due to significant investment in plant and technology and company growth, they are looking for an ambitious Senior Account Manager with 3+ years' experience within the print.mail.post industry to join their team, with the opportunity for career progression for exceptional performance. This role requires considerable experience in professional client relationship management and requires a full awareness of the customer journey processes and techniques in print, mail, and UK & International postage solutions. Opportunity to progress to Account Director.Duties & Key Responsibilities:
- Support your Client Services team with all the administration & campaign co-ordination duties associated with keeping our clients delighted. Including, but not limited to, quoting Clients (within 2 hours whenever possible) & following up on quotations to seek the order. Booking multiple mailing campaigns onto our Tharstern MIS system, dealing with many daily queries & tasks, keeping Salesforce & Tharstern accurate and any other ad-hoc duties required by your Account Director / team.
- You are a key point of contact for your teams Clients and are expected to be pro-active in your approach to keeping clients updated and informed, as mailing campaigns go through the factory and are despatched.
- Consulting with your Client Services team members, the Data Team, Print Team & the Operations Team to ensure each mailing goes out on time in full and with total accuracy. Liaison with the Finance Team to remain aware of Client credit limits and timely payment of invoices.
- With your teams Account Director, responsible for managing the order from quotation to invoice. Raising Client invoices within 48 hours of mailing despatch or raising 'pro-forma' invoices for new business and postage. (i.e., prior to mailing despatch).
- Regular pro-active contact with existing and occasional Clients to develop the spend, frequency of use and profitability for the company, under the guidance of the Account Director.
- Incoming new business enquiries are generally managed by your teams Account Director but support in raising new business quotations & follow up calls seeking to open the account will be required.
- Using your own initiative to enhance our client's experience collaborating with us, supporting, and encouraging the revenue & margin growth of your team.
- To seek out ways to maximise postage gross profit margin by exploring multiple ways to reduce buying-in costs.
- Creating samples packs for potential Clients.
- Maintaining and developing your own knowledge within the mail & post industry to support your own progression.
- Initiative-taking approach to work processes & procedures, identifying areas of improvement when necessary to enhance Client experience & the businesses performance overall.
- Be a positive team member, even when under pressure. We consider it vital, and part of the terms of employment, that the Account Manager plays their part to contribute to a happy & positive team culture. To positively help promote and support the growth of the business (top line and bottom line) and help support a positive, pro-active, 'can do,' team environment. The support of your finance / operations / data & print colleagues is vital to consistent financial success & progression (for you and for the business).
- Methodical approach to work, being able to multi-task and work with elevated levels of diligence and accuracy.
- Knowledge of direct mail / mailing fulfilment services & UK & International postal services
- Experience of Salesforce & Tharstern MIS is desirable - but training will be given
- Microsoft Office Package: Excel, Outlook, Teams & Word is required.
- Highly driven. They really like to work with Senior Account Managers that are very financially motivated and want to build a career and better life for themselves and their team
- Communication - effective communication skills with colleagues and clients
- Approachable - being open, transparent, and supportive
- Teamwork - a resolute team member, with the ability to communicate at an elevated level, but also willing to assist all colleagues to achieve a common goal
- Diligence - conscientious and confident in their work. Complete work without the need for supervision and work to deadlines
- Can do attitude - enthusiastic, motivated, clever work ethic, flexibility to tasks and hours of work, desire to learn and accept ownership/responsibility
- Diligence - complete work without the need for supervision and work to deadlines
- Mindfulness - conscientious and confident in your work
- Leader - highly professional with a fun aspect to encourage team performance
- Demonstrate desire to learn more & improve and accept ownership & responsibility for your work, your career & your team's performance