A Supply Chain Manager is required for an ambitious and growing manufacturing company based in Hastings, East Sussex. Responsible for Procurement, stores, and despatch areas of the business. You will ensure the strategic development of the company's Supply Chain. Taking control of staff and day to day issues while also delivering new initiatives in supply chain. You will receive a salary circa £40,000 plus good benefits.Responsibilities and Duties
As Supply Chain Manager you will be expected to develop the company's supply chain strategy. Managing and driving your team to ensure these objectives are met. These will include improving productivity and efficiency, reducing costs and securing high-quality materials for the company. You will also support the development of new relationships with third party manufactures negotiating contracts and quality standards for parts made,
Your duties will include:
Qualifications and Skills
- Managing relationships with suppliers and maximising the potential and cost savings through close monitoring and relationship building
- Sourcing of new suppliers and establishing new relationships, actively pursuing in-depth market knowledge
- Maintaining a close relationship with manufacturing to fulfil procurement obligations to the business and meet production schedules
- The Management and Supervision of staff within the purchasing, warehousing, and dispatch team
- Support new projects such as ERP improvements and strategic changes in manufacturing
- Management and set up of contracts with the suppliers and ongoing negotiations
- Monitor and audit the performance of suppliers
- Ensure compliance to import/export legislation
To apply for this position, we would expect you to have significant experience in Supply Chain / Procurement / Purchasing within a manufacturing environment. Along with proven skills sets in this field you will demonstrate the ability to develop supplier relationship.
A CIPS qualification (or working towards) would be an advantage or experience commensurate with this level of education is required.
If you are ready for a new challenge in Supply Chain Management do not hesitate to contact Kevin McHugh at Senex Recruitment Ltd to discuss or apply for this opportunity.