Senior AccountantLondonUp to £56,000
I am actively recruiting an ACA or ACCA qualified Senior Accountant for a boutique independent accountancy practice.What's great about this Senior Accountant role?
Your role as a Senior Accountant:
- You will work with big named clients like Netflix, Adobe and LinkedIn.
- This firm offers flexible working to incorporate a strong life/work balance.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Preparation of primary accounting documents, accounting statements and reports required by the client including management accounts (periodic and annual) and roll-forward financial statements (IFRS and UK GAAP).
- Responsible for ensuring that all reporting deadlines are met for your client allocation and support the Client Account Manager in achieving this for the wider team.
- Preparing all compliance related filings.
- Reviewing accounting entries processed by Trainee and Client Accountants for your allocated portfolio. Assist the CAM on the wider team portfolio when required.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with allocated clients and internal/external stakeholders.
- Perform daily work with high complexity (i.e. preparing and reviewing bookkeeping, management accounts, statutory accounts (both standalone and consolidated) under UK GAAP and IFRS, corporation tax returns, VAT returns, etc).
- Manage the audit process for allocated clients and support the wider team in adhering to the overall audit plan.
- Support the Client Account Manager by ensuring that less complex tasks for allocated portfolio are appropriately allocated to the more junior team members.
- Assists the Client Account Manager in reviewing the work of junior team members.
- Provides support to junior team members (including on the job training) with complex work/calculations.
- Oversee month-end and year-end close activities, from balance sheet and cash account reconciliations to roll forward financial statement preparation - reviewing all reconciliations and ensuring they are followed-up on.
- Oversee VAT compliance, corporate income tax returns and other filings for your allocated portfolio, and support the CAM in overseeing the delivery of these tasks across the team portfolio.
- Provide technical support to the team.
- Degree qualified in Accountancy or a related discipline.
- ACA/ACCA Qualified.
- You will have experience with FRS and UK GAAP
Our client is looking to interview within the next week. please contact or phone to discuss in more detail.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.