My client are one of the UK's most respected and trusted retail brands in their sector. Their strong presence in the industry has grown through long lasting relationships with their suppliers and customers.
The retail operations manager will oversee all of the daily operations of the store. They need to be passionate about delivering exceptional levels of customer service and driving sales. They will manage the stores retail employees, including hiring, performance evaluation, assigning duties and developing the team.
Skills and Knowledge
- To manage and lead the retail and operations teams
- Being the front line face of their retail team
- To drive a selling culture within the team
- Implement a continuous improvement mentality within the team and work in partnership with the wider team
- To energise the retail team to deliver an exceptional and consistent standard of customer service
- Manage all staff Rotas
- Lead and be responsible on recruitment, interviews, selection and training and development
- Carry out annual performance reviews
- First contact for retail staff absence, stepping in where no cover is available.
- To understand company sales targets clearly identifying what this means in terms of sales, profitability, staffing levels and ensuring that this is communicated
- Working with OGL sales data and insight to utilise and exploit retail sales and operational decisions
- Coordinate sales operations between departments
- Coordinate with marketing manager to produce a consistent level of brand awareness and retail marketing
- Regularly meet with MD and Finance Manager to interpret sales and financial data
- Provide monthly reporting at staff meetings
- Ensure retail staff are kept up to date with changes to products, pricing, in-store offers and online WEB promotions.
- Ensure their store display offer is current, relevant and includes bestselling lines. Monitor slow selling or discontinued lines and reduce to clear.
- Ensure outstanding levels of visual merchandising
- Effectively manage customer complaints or issues in a timely and effective manner
- Ensure all HR and H&S policies and procedures are adhered to
- To comply with Data Protection and GDPR regulations relevant to the retail store
- Responsibility for opening and closing the store including end of day transactions
- First point of contact for the store alarm
- 2 to 3 years management experience in a similar retail role
- Good standard of numerical and written skills and ability to interpret data
- Experience and working knowledge of MS Excel
- The ability to plan and prioritise workloads and delegate accordingly
- The ability to multi task and work under pressure
What they offer
- A positive can do attitude
- A flexible approach to working hours, including weekend work
- Proactive and able to lead a team
- Strong communicator
- Communicates honestly, openly and constructively
- Adaptable and flexible to change
- Thrive off a busy and dynamic environment
My client provide a friendly environment to inspire your best work and allow you to flourish in this family business.
- 28 days Holiday including national holidays
- Salary range £35,000 to £40,000 DOE
- Opportunity to develop within the company