Your Impact:About the opportunity:
Our Water and Catchment Management sector provides a focus for advising our clients on delivering sustainable drainage, flood risk management and civil engineering solutions. Water and Catchment Management comprises in excess of 400 staff based in the UK and Europe, but with reach into the Middle East, Australasia and America.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.About you
Established within your career you are comfortable with a variety of roles. You are proactive and use your initiative to drive projects and are happy to take ownership of client relationships and contribute to business development and project management. Enthusiastic about planning and delivering innovative schemes to manage flooding you wish to work on increasingly complex projects and build your skillsets.
Responsibilities will include:
Here's What You'll Need:
- Production of client facing documents and technical deliverables
- Production of Flood Risk Assessments on large scale infrastructure projects
- Production of business cases for flood risk management schemes (SOCs and OBCs) for LLFAs and the Environment Agency
- Delivery of Environmental Statements including coordinating inputs from other water disciplines
- Liaison with other technical disciplines including hydrologists, hydraulic modellers, geotechnical engineers, stakeholder engagement specialists, ecologists and landscape architects
- Checking calculations and technical deliverables
Undergraduate degree (2:1 or above) in Engineering, Environmental Science, Geography or a related discipline
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation, planning policy, guides and design standards relating to flood risk management schemes and drainage strategies
- Experience of delivering Flood Risk Assessments
- Experience of delivering business cases for flood risk management schemes for the Environment Agency and/or LLFAs, and the partnership funding process
- Knowledge of hydraulic modelling packages and hydrology and ability to interpret results
- Ability to develop, price and agree scope of services
- Ability to work effectively as part of a diverse team
- Excellent literacy, communication, analytical and numeracy skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Chartered or approaching chartership
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can. Our Culture:
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit to view and access our roles.Brand: