Commercial/Procurement Lawyer - London - 6 month contract - £48.37ph umbrella
Our client is looking for a Commercial/Procurement Solicitor to join their legal department within the public sector.
Main job responsibilities for this role include:
* The Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Team is one of the 9 legal teams in the Commercial Law Group. The team acts for a wide range of Government Departments and public bodies, with major clients including:
* HM Treasury
* Ministry of Defence
* Cabinet Office
* Department of Health and Social Care
* Crown Commercial Service
* Department for Transport
* Ministry of Justice
* Intellectual Property Office
* Commercial litigation in the High Court - most often the Technology and Construction Court, Commercial Court and Chancery Division, although it is also not unusual for the team's clients to be involved in litigation in the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court;
* Public law disputes in the Administrative Court;
* Specialised work in other forums, for example information law cases in the First Tier and Upper Tribunals;
* High value arbitrations, both ad hoc and subject to institutional rules; and
* Adjudications, particularly in relation to construction disputes.
* Lawyers in the team actively utilise all methods of Alternative Dispute Resolution, with a particular focus on reaching commercial settlements through negotiation and mediation.
Requirements for this role:
* Lawyer with commercial litigation experience - preferably in UK.
* Ideally UK public sector experience.
* Familiar with large scale trial-preparation.
* Familiar with witness statement preparation
* Familiar with disclosure.
* Able to work in a team and at pace.
This opportunity is working from home 3 days a week
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV over to (url removed) with the job reference: 83647. If you have not heard back after 5 working days, please assume you have been unsuccessful in your application at this time.
strgroup is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy